Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sports Seats

C

Corvettechick

I have a 94 vette and the lumbar works in the seats but the side panels do not work, any ideas? The motor runs but it does not move on the drivers seat.

Been looking thru the manual & the only thing they recommend is to check the vacumn lines re: leaks. etc. Take the seat cushions out & see what you can see. I may be wrong , but apparently the bolsters are operated by a bladder & are released by a return spring?

Chick....

You have to remove the seat back ( and I'm not 100%sure on how to do it..and the book is clear as MUD)

But there is a motor to widen or pull in the bolsters which is cable driven.. you have to inspect this.. sometimes the cable housing just unscrews... sometime it SNAPS.

Sorry that's the best I can do in this area.

Rabbit.. the Lumbar is the AIR bag bladder in the center section of the seat...Chick is talking about the sides ( wings ) of the seat.

Vig!

Thanks, yes, it is not the lumbar support but the sides. The motor seems to run but they do not move.

My 95 manual speaks of the "bolster bladder". So I guess there is a bladder in each bolster that is operated by the air pump & returned to the open position by some kind of a return spring. Thje manual
is really lacking in this portion. No definitive diagrams of any of the hose routings, etc. If you find
a problem pls let us know.:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom