Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

spot the differences

bossvette

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1968 1997
Ok you C3 wizzards look at this picture of a 69 and tell me what you think.
c9_1.JPG

29_1.JPG

Now remember this is a 69 besides the obvious headlights what else would you see.
thanks
Craig sr

That was my guess, looks like aftermarket stuff, you took all the fun out of it Bob; I wanted to know how many would spot that.

I had a '69.

67Heaven just beat me to it... LOL

bossvette said:
you took all the fun out of it Bob; I wanted to know how many would spot that.

I think you could have posted this picture on a Rustang or Yugo forum and they would have spotted the changes also. That front end is hard to look at. Ouch!

bossvette said:

Reminds me of a Vette that a guy named Sgt Terry Stanberry had while I was in the USMC unit (MAG-42) in NAS Alameda (SFO Bay Area).

It was burgundy then, but it had the same conversion body and wheels.

GerryLP:cool

bossvette said:
what else would do you see.
thanks
Craig sr
Smokey and the bandit??

Craig (a different one)

PS - did you get the Pink Floyd 'Animals' reference there??

No center grill....pretty hard to find for a '73...it dont even have a plate holder there.
Chas

all the above plus no side mirrors

The car was on Ebay I bid on it but it did not reach reserve. I was high bidder and got a "second chance" offer of more then I would care to pay, but not too unreasonable. Its a shame but some people will believe anything he told me it was a special limited edition called the "pug" model. The car is supposed to have 20,000 miles on it; me I don't like low milage cars.

I'll bet the reason it has so few miles on it is a Bob said "Hit hard in the front" and it sat in storage for 20 years until it was recently repaired.

Hey Boss, you should reconsider his offer. After all it's "a special limited edition called the "pug" model". That has to be worth alot. I haven't even heard of one. I'll bet its the only one GM produced. You'd better scarf it up fast.

LOL

...wrong door locks
...wrong side vents/grill/gills/whatever
...and something about the rear end doesn't look correct, although I can't tell for sure without a better view.

jhecox said:
Hey Boss, you should reconsider his offer. After all it's "a special limited edition called the "pug" model". That has to be worth alot. I haven't even heard of one. I'll bet its the only one GM produced. You'd better scarf it up fast.

LOL

That's the sad part he really believes he has something special, I hope he finds another unsuspecting buyer.
If it had some horse-power and a TKO I might have been tempted by his offer but most of the fun is in the building ;)

Evolution1980 said:
...and something about the rear end doesn't look correct, although I can't tell for sure without a better view.

I think you might be thinking of the '70 and later models that had larger "flares" behind the wheel wells to reduce stone chips. '68 and '69 models were slightly different in that area. ;)

I didn't catch the door locks, though. I know '68 is different than '69, but I didn't know '69 was different than later ones.

Rick
:gap

RodsnRides said:
I didn't catch the door locks, though. I know '68 is different than '69, but I didn't know '69 was different than later ones.
I'm rusty on my "corvette nuances" :L
I believe... the '68 had the lock mechanism and door release in the push-button and simply the 'ashtray' handle to pull open the door.
In '69 they made the handle, the push button door release, and lock separate.
And then in '70 on up they got rid of the push button entirely and integrated the door release mechanism into the 'ashtray' handle.
...I think...

Evolution1980 said:
I'm rusty on my "corvette nuances" :L
I believe... the '68 had the lock mechanism and door release in the push-button and simply the 'ashtray' handle to pull open the door.
In '69 they made the handle, the push button door release, and lock separate.
And then in '70 on up they got rid of the push button entirely and integrated the door release mechanism into the 'ashtray' handle.
...I think...

I do believe you are wrong Evolution...

The 68 had the flapper handle on top and a push button below to open the door.
The 69 had the door latch and flapper handle together. The only thing below the flapper handle was the key lock.

jhecox said:
I do believe you are wrong Evolution...The 68 had the flapper handle on top and a push button below to open the door.
The 69 had the door latch and flapper handle together. The only thing below the flapper handle was the key lock.
So the door key lock mechanism was always separate and the push button was ONLY on the '68?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom