Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

spot the differences

ebay link

click for Ebay link seller "dropped" his reserve to 13,000 from 25,000 in a second chance offer. I said nope. Edmond is going to look at a 68 vert project in the Chi-town for me today; the 72 coupe in the C3 section has a bad frame and the seller won't come down to my price.
There are more "project" cars out there then I thought there would be.

from the tech center

Unique to the 1968 model year was a special door opening system that consisted of a separate release button and a spring-loaded finger plate.

bossvette said:
So the door key lock mechanism was always separate and the push button was ONLY on the '68?

Yup...

John
did you go for a stick or the paddle shift, I'll have to come down and see it when or if it comes in ;)

Craig, with all the C3's available here in the F/S section, I'm surprised you haven't come across one to tickle your fancy. Given the choice between a CAC member's car or an eBay car...the choice seems simple.

:CAC

Evolution1980 said:
Craig, with all the C3's available here in the F/S section, I'm surprised you haven't come across one to tickle your fancy. Given the choice between a CAC member's car or an eBay car...the choice seems simple.

:CAC

I don't want to spend a lot of money ;LOL and the keyword was project, Andre you have to be a mechanic to understand that most of the fun is in building :D the rest is in driving it. :lou

The keyword was project, Andre you have to be a mechanic to understand that most of the fun is in building :D the rest is in driving it. :lou[/quote]

I'm with you there, Craig. I like building them, too, taking them from a bad looking wreck to a thing of beauty and then driving the heck out of 'em.

Matter of fact-I'm getting a '72 Chevelle at the end of this month. No hit body, very little rust, 350 auto car-$500. Lots of options, only bummer-4 wheel drum brakes. That can be fixed. ;) She looks a little tired under the hood, and the metallic red paint is a little faded, but the chrome is good, bumpers great, and I can already picture it in '06 Corvette Monterey Red....

Rick
:gap

bossvette said:
I don't want to spend a lot of money ;LOL and the keyword was project, Andre you have to be a mechanic to understand that most of the fun is in building :D the rest is in driving it. :lou
Yep, I'm definitely the driver, not the mechanic. I'm the prima donna racecar driver. I'll drive the car for you and tell you what I feel. But don't ask me to turn a wrench on it. I leave it up to you to correct it. Hahahah... (Yeah, it's all funny except for the amount of money that I end up spending for someone else's labor!)

And, given my taste and desires, I could not afford to pay someone to build my car the way I want it-I have to do it myself.

There is nothing more "Zen-like" than the wonderful feeling of turning the key, hearing the rumble and knowing it's all YOU.

Check out "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance", by Robert Persig. The only thing I don't do is the machine work and final paint. And, I'm working on the paint thing...;)

Rick
:gap

Evolution1980 said:
John
did you go for a stick or the paddle shift, I'll have to come down and see it when or if it comes in ;)

I ordered a 3LT, 2-tone interior, F55, and the 6-speed auto/paddle shift.

Now if it would just GET BUILT!!!

jhecox said:
I ordered a 3LT, 2-tone interior, F55, and the 6-speed auto/paddle shift.

Now if it would just GET BUILT!!!
Originally posted/asked by Bossvette, not me. hehehe... :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom