Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Spring rate on an Eckler A7093 front coil?

Gator05

Corvette
1964 Convertible
I installed a pair of VBP 460 lb. GT coil springs up front and the ride height is 3 /1/2" ABOVE the top of the tire to fender lip! I have my old pair of Eckler part # A4093...thought they were the same spring rate.

Can someone confirm what I had...before I reinstall to set my baseline.

Thanks in-advance,
Gator05
1964 Convert

I installed a pair of VBP 460 lb. GT coil springs up front and the ride height is 3 /1/2" ABOVE the top of the tire to fender lip! I have my old pair of Eckler part # A4093...thought they were the same spring rate.

Can someone confirm what I had...before I reinstall to set my baseline.

Thanks in-advance,
Gator05
1964 Convert

Don't know about the Eckler's spring, but the original factory front spring rate was 192#/inch at design load. Wire diameter was .600", free height was 16.8", and height at design load (1340#) was 10".

:beer

1964 Spindle Axle location same as 1982?

Are there different specs on the location of the front axle on a 1969-1982 front spindle versus 1964?

My measurements show the 1964 axle location to be nearly 2 inches lower than the SSB A137-2 disk brake conversion kit.

I asked Stainless Steel Brakes Corporation Tech Help who replied:

"The spindles are 69 to 82 Corvette pieces which are required to install the A137-2 kit. They have no affect on the ride height of your vehicle."

My 1964 is sitting extremely high in the front since installing these spindles from the SSB disk brake conversion kit. Looks like a drag car-not my style.:mad

Please assist in figuring this out.
Thanks.

Are there different specs on the location of the front axle on a 1969-1982 front spindle versus 1964?

My measurements show the 1964 axle location to be nearly 2 inches lower than the SSB A137-2 disk brake conversion kit.

I asked Stainless Steel Brakes Corporation Tech Help who replied:

"The spindles are 69 to 82 Corvette pieces which are required to install the A137-2 kit. They have no affect on the ride height of your vehicle."

My 1964 is sitting extremely high in the front since installing these spindles from the SSB disk brake conversion kit. Looks like a drag car-not my style.:mad

Please assist in figuring this out.
Thanks.

The spindle height on the knuckles is the same on all '63-'82 Corvettes; the only things that changed in '68-'69 were the diameter of the bolt holes for attachment of the steering arms and the size of the bearings. Your ride height change is due to the springs, not the spindles.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom