Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Squeaking from A/C inside car

Matt99c5

Corvette
1999, dark red c5 coupe
Right now every time I turn my A/C on, I get this very loud squeaking sound from the inside of the car. Before I would turn it off then on and the noise would be got not anymore, can't use A/C because of the noise.
Any ideas what is wrong and how can I fix it? Thanks

The blower motor in my 2000 coupe was very loud on initial start up. When I turned it off and on, the noise was gone for a while. It eventually got to the point it stayed noisy all the time. A new blower motor cured the problem. Hope this helps.

Right now every time I turn my A/C on, I get this very loud squeaking sound from the inside of the car. Before I would turn it off then on and the noise would be got not anymore, can't use A/C because of the noise.
Any ideas what is wrong and how can I fix it? Thanks
Only when the a/c is active? Or do you still get it with the fan running without a/c?
definitely inside and not under the hood?

The blower motor in my 2000 coupe was very loud on initial start up. When I turned it off and on, the noise was gone for a while. It eventually got to the point it stayed noisy all the time. A new blower motor cured the problem. Hope this helps.

This does help a lot, thank you very much, I'll check into the blower motor.

Only when the a/c is active? Or do you still get it with the fan running without a/c?
definitely inside and not under the hood?

Yes the the noise is only when the I turn the a/c on. Yes it is inside. Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom