Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Squeaks and Rattles

G

goatboy

Having grown up riding dirt bikes and still do I learned the importance of checking the tightness of nuts and bolts, all you have to do is lose a part or two to ruin a weekend ride and you learn real fast. So cars have been no exception to me, having just purchased my 93 and chasing down a few rattles plus wanting to get a feel for the car I went from top to bottom and front to back checking every fastener, typical low torque stuff was pretty lose as I have found on many cars but a very annoying rattle that I was able to solve was one of the rear control rods that was loose as a goose at the mounting bracket, the rest of the high torque stuff was all snug. Now my question for you problem solvers is my ASR unit, if I gently hit the palm of my hand against the fender where the unit is attached it sounds like Ricky Ricardo playing the marachis, I took the plastic cover off and watched the pulleys that the cables are attached to and that is were the noise is coming from. It seems that there should be a spacer so those pulleys don,t have so much play on the shaft. Has any one had this rattle and solved it? Can I take the unit apart and shim it? I wouldn,t worry about it but I can hear it every time I hit a bump.

I just dropped the whole car into a tank of WD-40....stopped all the squeaks.... but it took a while to get rid of the squishy sound everytime I go to slide into the seat...:J :L

Ba-Ba-LOOOOOOOOO

I thought Ricky played the congas?:D:dance
-Drew:w

Hey you guys are killin, me, i,m glad to see you are up on your Lucy trivia. I being a pro drummer put all those type of instruments under the heading Latin Percussion, besides that Ricky on congas sound comes from my LT-1 top end!

Hey Ed, maybe I shouldn't have led them down that path to begin with, but then, you probably set me up for it didn't you? ;)

_ken :w

Just in case you're interested...we have the 11 page GM tech bulletin concerning squeaks and rattles at our site...its under "tech bulletins"/"body and trim"...ist mostly from early c4 but may help with any other problems

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom