Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

squeeeekking targa

K

kraz

hello everyone,how can i fix the squeeking sound comming from my 08 targa top transp. top help thanks kraz

check with local dealer as there was a TSB for fixing the problem - had mine fixed on my 2008 Pace Car last year

Another thing to try is lubricating the weatherstrips. The stuff GM sells is the best for the job. However, it is outrageously expensive. According to the owner's manual you can substitute silicone dielectric grease for the job. It is much cheaper and does a good job.

"Multi-purpose" silicone spray works well also, and it's cheap. Be sure to cover all the surfaces you don't want "lubricated...":L

You can also use vaseline, it does the trick. :thumb Let it set on there for 5 minutes or so then wipe off the excess.

hi germany,thanks for the tip what is the part number or name of the gm stuff?

The top on my '07 was "popping" which I fixed by putting electrical shrink wrap on the two front alignment posts. Seamed to correct the problem.

Hi there,

There are multiple sources and repairs to this.

Pins not torqued correctly.
New handle latch design.
Lack of lubrication to the pins.

If the TSB is implimented correctly, you will not have problems.

Allthebest, c4c5

I have been using Shin-Etsu grease, a buddy of mine recommended it. It's sold by HandA where I get stuff for my Acura.
Also there is a recall for tops. About a year ago I had my solid top replaced due to popping noise. It was de-laminating or becoming unglued from the frame. Hope this helps

hi,thanks for the tip i took my vette to the dealer and thay said it has a bad handel thay ordered a new one so hopfully that will do the trick thanks kraz

wow grate job showing us how to fix the noise thank you kraz

I finally took my '08 in to have the dealership fix the squeaking and popping and they decided to also replace the top due to crazing. (I have a "glass" top)

hi, did thay fix it? if thay did could you tell me what thay did good deal you got a new roof nice what dealer did you take your vette to? all the best kraz

Had mine done last week. They replaced the latches under warranty. Squeek is COMPLETELY gone...finally!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom