Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Squeek/Groan from Front End (Sway Bar) 96 FE1

pgtr

Corvette
96Cpe
When driving slowly in a parkinng lot and going over bumps etc even w/ the windows up, AC on and radio at a modest or reasonable volume - I hear a very clear 'groaning' sound for the lack of a better description from the front end.

Best I can tell using a stethoscope and someone pushing down while parked - it 'seems' to be coming from the front sway bar bushings.

It's a 96 FE1 w/ 60k or so mi. It's stock and the front suspension other than lubing - the front end is stock, unchanged, from when it left the factory.

Q: Have others encountered moderately loud, noticeable noise from the front sway bar bushings?

Q: If not - what else should I suspect for the noise?

Q: What are some good techniques, lube etc that might quiet things down on a sustainned basis? The spray lubes I tried did very little and didn't last...

thanks
user_online.gif
progress.gif

When driving slowly in a parkinng lot and going over bumps etc even w/ the windows up, AC on and radio at a modest or reasonable volume - I hear a very clear 'groaning' sound for the lack of a better description from the front end.

Best I can tell using a stethoscope and someone pushing down while parked - it 'seems' to be coming from the front sway bar bushings.

It's a 96 FE1 w/ 60k or so mi. It's stock and the front suspension other than lubing - the front end is stock, unchanged, from when it left the factory.

Q: Have others encountered moderately loud, noticeable noise from the front sway bar bushings?

Q: If not - what else should I suspect for the noise?

Q: What are some good techniques, lube etc that might quiet things down on a sustainned basis? The spray lubes I tried did very little and didn't last...

thanks
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Yep!!:thumb This is in the C5 section,but works well on most any stabilizer bar bushing!!
(Post #8):thumb:thumb:thumb

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...erformance/96351-help-suspension-squeaks.html

:beer

The FSM says to wrap teflon tape around the sway bar under the bush. I figure I'd wait until I had another reason to have the car up. Now that it's warmer, they don't squeek as much but I have a body squeek somewhere down there that's dirving me nuts so, I'm probably due to piss away a Saturday trying to deal with all that stuff :mad It's always something . . .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom