Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stains on Leather Seats

spiral gray

Corvette
2004 Spiral Gray Metallic
Somehow, the black dye on my Dockers black belt rubbed onto my 04's light gray leather seats. I have tried different leather cleaners and conditioners. No success in removing the black dye. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Spiral Gray

Ugh, that's a tough break. If you haven't already done so, you could try saddle soap on the spot. It may not help, but it won't hurt. If still no-go, I think it's worth seeking professional help from a restoration shop (or look at this as an opportunity to upgrade to new Al Knoch or Vette Essentials leathers).

GL! :beer

I've had good success with Zaino Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner (Z-9 and Z-10). I've also found that a Mr. Clean "Eraser" works on removing tough stains but you have to go slow and be careful.

I've taken the liberty of moving this to the Care & Detailing section where you may get a bit more exposure. Unfortunately, I don't know of a sure-fire way to remove the stains, but you might try the suggestions that have already been listed.

Let us know what works!

Elaine

Thanks for the input. The Mr. Clean eraser helped as did the leather cleaners. Slow to come off, but getting there.

Thanks, Spiral Gray

one of the main reasons i would never buy a new car with light colored leather, also be careful with certain types of dyed material (even denim), a couple years back my father had a pair of shorts on and they colored off onto the white seats on our boat.... to this day you can still see the tinge of blue on the captains seat.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom