Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Starter Problems

R

RRROBB

my solenoid clicks and clicks continuously as long as key is turned. My starter does not turn over.......any suggestions??

sounds like a dead battery too me. Give it a jump or switch batteries

If that doesn't work, check the battery connections and the starter connections (don't forget the grounds). Also may help to clean the battery terminals.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

gmjunkie said:
Yea What He Sezz!! And Put Some Tape On It!!;LOL gmjunkie!!
Why you little ____!!! ;LOL

Charge the battery up first, and if it doesn't charge to over 12Volts it's time for a new one. Check, clean and tighten all your terminals like Tapeman says.:)

RRROBB said:
my solenoid clicks and clicks continuously as long as key is turned. My starter does not turn over.......any suggestions??
hit the case with a hammer and if the starters then spins the brushes have worn down and the springs do not have enought pressure to push then against the commutator and the blow with the hammer sometimes will cause the brushes to move.

Could someone please help me with my starting problem when my 73 gets hot! I have the thick battery cable and 1 other wire from the harness going to the big post on the solenoid. On the top smaller post of the solenoid I have 1 other wire from the harness going to it. I have nothing hooked up to the lower smaller post of the solenoid. My question is....should there be anything hooked up to it? There is only 1 other wire from the harness....it is a small guage red wire and its not hooked up to anything....Thanks for any advice you can give.........Barry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom