Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

steering wheel moved?

W

wakensea

I was going around a cloverleaf today and the telescopic steering started to retract back to the dash. does any one know why that could happen? it was a weird feeling going 40mph and have that happen.

Dont mean to be silly.....but.....knee hit the adjustment button on the lower right side of colum?

You might want to check your battery cables. One day while driving my seat moved and the AC came on by itself. The next time I tried to start the car it was dead. No power at all. It ended up being the positve battery terminal was loose. I tightened it up and no problems since.

Thanks, I'll check that. when i tried to move the steering wheel back to its original spot, it wouldn't work. I got home and tried it again and it worked. Something is going on.

Does the vert have the "memory" option? If you drive with the seat all the way back and it didn't move, maybe it's somehow going into "easy entry/exit" mode where it moves the seat back and the wheel towards the dash to make it easier to get in/out. Was it shut off then restarted between when it didn't work and when it worked correctly again?
Andy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom