Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stereo Feedback

Q

quenchmasterc5

I am trying to find out the most successful way to eliminate Radio/Stereo feedback from the engine. What are the culprits? What are the potential fizxes? Thanks to all for the welcome to the forum. I appreciate it and am amazed at how well other Vetters respond. This is a good deal.

AL

If you could describe the symptoms a bit, someone may be able to help. Do you mean your are hearing noise/interference from the ignition system through the speakers?

Yes, it sounds like ignition, which is the most common feedback you would hear in the stereo speakers. It increases as you accelerate. I also hear static when the blinker is on.

A little bit of info about the car might help. Did you buy it new? Is it modified? How long has the interference been present? ['Feedback' would technically be the stereo system squealing from continuously reamplifying it's own sound, like Jimi Hendrix]. Where is it present- am, fm, cd, tape?

If it's just started doing it, have you changed anything recently in the electrical system or gone to aftermarket pieces like plug wires or different plugs? Or worked on the engine or re-routed anything?

I'm not an electronics guy, but that would be the place to start so that someone who is will have the groundwork...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom