Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stiff shift!

meridian6

Corvette
1992 LT1 White Convertible America3
92 LT1 6 Speed. This winter the wife is finding her shifter stiffer then usual. (Her vette, Guys) Clutch OK
60K miles.. Does the bearings go or is it just the sludge like tranny fluid?? Wife is complaining :eek

Since the clutch isn't adjustable - it either works or doesn't work.

Try changing the oil in the trans - I recommend Red Line MTL - and see if that helps.

Tuna said:
Since the clutch isn't adjustable - it either works or doesn't work.

Try changing the oil in the trans - I recommend Red Line MTL - and see if that helps.
Clutch isn't adjustable, but you can run low on brake fluid in the slave cylinder reservoir. It should be located in the area below the master cylinder mounted on the firewall. I changed my transmission fluid recently with the dealer recommended "30w engine oil" and I experience "stiff" shifting for the first few shifts on those cold mornings. Tuna might be onto something there with using Red line MTL. Did the Red line help with smoother shifting Tuna?

LittleRedFlatBack said:
Tuna might be onto something there with using Red line MTL. Did the Red line help with smoother shifting Tuna?

Absolutely! Smoother shifting and less noise. I've had other C4 owners comment about the shifting in my car being much better compared to theirs and the only difference is the Red Line.

Later,

Tuna said:
I tried looking on Redline's website but couldn't find "Red Line MTL". Can you give more information about it. Is it multi-weight?

Thanks,
Dennis

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom