Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stock RWHP questions.

jb92z

Corvette
92 ZR-1
Just had my 92 Z dynoed today. They used Dynojet dyno and measured RWHP of 313 at about 5600 RPM. They did the test in 4th gear. Do these figures seem correct. I know there is about 15% loss from the rated engine HP, but I have heard that the test should go to 7000 RPMs. The person showed me on the printout that the HP maxed out at about 5600 and he shut down at about 6500. Just curious because for now I am happy with the results (winter hasn't set in giving me time to tear it apart).

Thanks, :D

i dynoed at 335 stock peak hp was at 6300 rpm i had 3 pulls the first 2 where around 325 rwhp. they reved it up to 7000rpm in 4th gear
you might also want to check www.corvetteforum.com there are alot of people that own zr1's

My 91 did 324rwhp stock with around 20K miles..

jhong321 said:
i dynoed at 335 stock peak hp was at 6300 rpm i had 3 pulls the first 2 where around 325 rwhp. they reved it up to 7000rpm in 4th gear
you might also want to check www.corvetteforum.com there are alot of people that own zr1's
What changed between the first 2 pulls and the last to account for the 10 HP increase.

Wegone said:
My 91 did 324rwhp stock with around 20K miles..
Do you know the RPM that you reached peak HP.

jb92z said:
What changed between the first 2 pulls and the last to account for the 10 HP increase.
The first pull there was some carbon build up (a pretty big puff of black smoke)

second pull still a little smoke.

third pull all gone

I don't think that's too bad; you're putting down 313 and 85% of 375 would be 318-319.

jb92z said:
Do you know the RPM that you reached peak HP.
Around 5800rpms and it stayed until shutdown at about 6800rpms..The power curve on an LT5 is very flat..

Having a freak is good :D

jb92z said:
Just had my 92 Z dynoed today. They used Dynojet dyno and measured RWHP of 313 at about 5600 RPM. They did the test in 4th gear. Do these figures seem correct. I know there is about 15% loss from the rated engine HP, but I have heard that the test should go to 7000 RPMs. The person showed me on the printout that the HP maxed out at about 5600 and he shut down at about 6500. Just curious because for now I am happy with the results (winter hasn't set in giving me time to tear it apart).

Thanks, :D
With C4 manuals, the parasitic loss through the powertrain averages 18%, so at 313 at the wheels, your right there where you should be.

As for the 5600 rpm power peak, that's actually a bit low. 90-92 was rated at 375hp@6000 rpm.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom