Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stolen Corvette

funny that you picked that subject as our local news just covered a story of a guy originally from ny city that had his 68 corvette convert stolen in 1969. a very alert customs agent on the docks in california noticed a container that didn't look just right and was going to sweden (i believe). when they cracked it open they found a 1968 corvette convertible in mint condition. after tracing the vin adn looking through 3000 or so records of stoeln vehicles, they were able to locate the original stolen car report and the new york police were able to track down the original owner now living in savannah, ga. i'll bet they sure made his day!!

I saw that on the local news last night. It was a 1969. It was stolen one month after he purchased it 37 years ago. The perps repainted it silver. It was not in mint condition according to the report. He claims that he is going to restore it and give it to his 14 year old daughter(lucky her). I hope it has a big block. She'll need it to get to the high school in time.

Sorry, it is a 1968. Next time I'll watch the news with both eyes and ears.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom