Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! straight pipes

M

mike93lt1

1993 lt1 vette is straight pipes from cats back ok for car engine dont want mufflers at all please help....

Mike, I would think that straight pipes would be really loud....both outside and inside the car. Personally I could not take that, or rather my ears/hearing couldn't take that, but I'm not as young as I once was. :D

There are guys doing this and apparently like it, but for me, it's too much of a "good" thing.:w

Straight pipes may seem like a good idea but it's probably not. The resonance inside a C4 can be unbearable and it can be pretty loud outside on everyone else.

I'm using Corsa on my '92 and it's got plenty of rumble outside while being reasonable inside and without the resonance that many other exhaust systems have at cruising speed. The kids in my neighborhood call it the "loud car."

Tuna, I agree with you 100%, I just did not want my post to sound "preachy". :D And I also didn't want it to sound like an ad for CORSA, but like you, I love my Corsa exhaust.

There are several posts on this and other forums (as well as YouTube) that feature C4s with muffler eliminators. You might try checking them out to determine if you like the sound. Removing the mufflers on these cars does make them louder but not too much. Most of the noise surpression actually comes from the cats.

I have straight pipes from the resonator back. No mufflers. And yeah, its pretty loud driving, especially on highways. But i do have a nice sound at idle. Many more posts about this. I'm still undecided what to do, replace pipes, if should get muffler, etc.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom