Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Strange new noise

jnj

Corvette
2006 Machine Silver Coupe
This started about 1 week ago. While unlocking the doors with the remote, the sound of a low battery muted horn is coming from the engine compartment. The sound is only for a second at the same time you hear the click of the locks opening. Battery seems charging normal and no other unusual signs of a dying battery.
Any help please~~;shrug

Noises ?

I'll go out on a limb here, But how ago did you change the battery in you key fob?

Interesting idea. Battery is still original (as of 2005 - in both fobs as well as the car) and still opens car from quite a distance, but will check the wifes fob and see if result is the same. Thanks for the response. Any other ideas out there???

I've found that car batteries can die without warning sometimes and leave you stranded.

Check the battery voltage with a volt meter first thing in the morning and see what it's holding before you start it. If you don't have a volt meter, turn the ignition switch to the run position but do not start. After all the self test stuff is done, check the battery voltage on the DIC.

The DIC says the voltage was 11.1. Should I be concerned?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom