Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Strut Rod Lower Mounting Bracket

Tommy Almond

Corvette
How many of you have knocked this out to maybe change out the strut rod or bushings and did it come out easy? Be doing this is a few days to change out to adjustable rod and hoping more then less had easy knockout. Any comments on getting the shaft out is welcome. Merry Christmas to one and all.

It usually is a tight fit and has to be knocked out. Heat and penetrating oil can be helpful. Purchase the knock out tool before you start whacking on it. The tool works and is cheaper than replacing the mount.

Good luck.

I think I did mine with a hydraulic press, then it's easy to do. If you can't get your hands on one it's not that easy. Maybe drilling the rubber and then try to remove it. But it's long ago I don't remember.

Greetings Peter

You might want to think twice about switching to the adjustable struts, at best they are in no way better than the stock rods. At worst, many owners complain that the adjusting nuts keep coming loose. I'd stay with the stock pieces. :ugh

Get the knock out tool and a 3lb hammer and smack the crap out of it. Don't be shy

Job is done

Well lower mounting rods were stuck beyond belief and had to be forced out and upper strut rods bushing were toast so swapped out with new strut rods adjustable type and new mounting bracket. So back in my garage now and thanks to Dub at Corvette Etc for doing this instead of me pulling what hair I have left and or drinking too much. Sometimes better to pay the expert than do it bubba style.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom