Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Subwoofer box where to find?

sriat

Corvette
1984 Bright Red Coupe
After some advise of this forum I kicked the Bose to the curb. I have replaced all factory locations with Infinity speakers. Now I want a little more bass. I cannot find a sub box customized for the c4. Plenty of C5 boxes available. Other than having a local shop build one, $500 plus I am not able to find another solution. I would also like to see if anyone has customized a premade box. And as always I would like to see some pix of customized audio systems.

I used a Kicker self-powered sub, about 100 watts. It's tubular about 10" x 22", has an 8" speaker in it. It's fastened at the rear of the aft section by bungee cords holding it parallel to the seats. Of course I have a softop so your space will be different in shape, I think you'll have more space. I kept the Bose and the change in sound is fantastic.

Something you might consider are "Sound Wedge" boxes used on Jeeps. They'll hold a 6x9" soeaker and have a flat rear surface that you could mount to either side of your rear compartment. In my Jeep they're fastened to the bottom of the roll bar using straps. The boxes w/o speakers are about $50-$75. You can find them at www.Quadratec.com as well as other places. There are also other speaker boxes there that you can see. Jeeps have many accessories to suit various sound needs that must fit into odd places.

Your right, the Jeep has some interesting solutions. Great idea. I would still like to explore all my options. Keep the ideas coming.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom