Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

SUN VISOR WARNING LABELS

:chuckle going back to the original question:
Anyone know how to safely remove the "warning" labels from new sunvisors, without hurting the clothe?

My buddy 81 MAKO just pulled the ones off his 2002 and as far as I know he didn't have any issues with damage to the cloth or anything. And 81 MAKO (Dave) is very anal about his Corvettes, House, Yard, Garage, Clothes and women he dates :chuckle

For a more Professional opinion, you might check with an Upholstery Shop or maybe a Restoration Shop (fancy name for Body Shop in some cases :chuckle )

Good Luck :thumb whatever you choice is and decide to do... :upthumbs

Bud

Let me throw some gas on this fire! I also take off the dealer's "advertisement" from the back of every car as soon as I get home. Since I rarely see them on Vette's, that must mean that many others also take off the dealer sticker. Do you?

Hey,

I just removed the entire sun visor. I don't miss 'em a bit and the view is much better with those puppies gone.

Jim

Let me throw some gas on this fire! I also take off the dealer's "advertisement" from the back of every car as soon as I get home. Since I rarely see them on Vette's, that must mean that many others also take off the dealer sticker. Do you?

Fortunately dealer stickers/emblems not usually seen on California sold cars. We get enough ugly license plate frames with the dealer name on them though. :cool

This is a very valid point. :beer

If one decides to take the stickers off, be sure to paste them on the inside of your owners manual. If you sell the car you are covered, hopefully. :beer

Also, you will want to remove all exhaust mods when you sell the car too because in most states in the U.S.A. exhaust modifications away from the oem is illegal. And, I guess it is feasible that if your purchaser got a ticket from LEO and had to purchase an OEM exhaust unless you gave the OEM with the car, you could be blamed and have to pay the ticket and the retro back to the OEM exhaust. :beer

Let's see, oh yeah, be sure to keep all the oil cartons with the dates of your oil changes to ensure to your purchaser that you used only Mobil One as required by the Owners Manual. :beer

Also, keep those empty refrigerant cans for the AC with the dates of service. Keep the antifreeze changes logged with the actual containers including the dates.

Be extra sure that every part on the vehicle is OEM when you sell it. Otherwise you could be in deep ----! :beer

:eyerole
You apparently missed the part where I said "weigh the risk." But thanks for the hyperbole.

Hair dryer for me worked with no issues. Just take your time. One of the first things I did when I got my Vette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom