Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting membership canceled?

Bioscache2

Corvette
2001 Blk Coupe
I got a notice today saying my supporting membership had been canceled? What's up?

I'm mystified, Ryan... but I'll get an answer for you - or find someone who can - ASAP.

There is the posibility that your Supporting Member status expired... do you have it on automatic renewal, or do you renew each year?

:wJane Ann

Jane Ann, I appreciate the help. Previously I had it on auto renew but I thought maybe this option had turned off so I checked when I had last renewed and the date was Nov 2009, less than a year ago and if I remember correctly the terms are for one year, or did we switch to a 6 month term?

Ryan

The renewal is still on a yearly basis as far as I'm aware so I don't know why it would have defaulted early. I've started a discussion with Staff and hopefully we'll have an answer for you soon.

I apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your always reliable support of the CAC, Ryan. :thumb

:wJane Ann

Ryan,

The notice from PayPal states that you canceled the subscription through them.

Our system shows that it expired in 11/09. So I'm not exactly sure what happened either.

Do you know roughly what date you renewed?

Ryan,

The notice from PayPal states that you canceled the subscription through them.

Our system shows that it expired in 11/09. So I'm not exactly sure what happened either.

Do you know roughly what date you renewed?

I looked more closely on the notice from paypal that I just got and it does say canceled by buyer but I haven't accessed my paypal account in about 6 months before this notice as the only thing I use it for is this supporting subscription. According to my paypal account, Nov 9th 2009 was the last time it debited money and renewed the subscription and as far as I know no one else has access to the account and there has been no other activity on it.

I can re-subscribe, that wouldn't bother me, I just wanted to make sure it was nothing else.

moz-screenshot-1.png

Hang tight, as I've opened up a dispute with PayPal. I will keep you posted.

I looked more closely on the notice from paypal that I just got and it does say canceled by buyer but I haven't accessed my paypal account in about 6 months before this notice as the only thing I use it for is this supporting subscription. According to my paypal account, Nov 9th 2009 was the last time it debited money and renewed the subscription and as far as I know no one else has access to the account and there has been no other activity on it.

I can re-subscribe, that wouldn't bother me, I just wanted to make sure it was nothing else.

moz-screenshot-1.png
Response from PayPal:

.MsgBody-text, .MsgBody-text * { font: 10pt monospace; }Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I understand that you want to know why the subscription of your buyer
has been cancelled.

With regards to your concern, if your buyer did no cancel the
transaction on his end then I can only think of 2 possible reasons why
it has been cancelled.

1. It possible that your buyer removed the card which is the funding
source for the subscription. Since the card has been removed, there will
be no funding source available to use to pay it.

2. If he did not remove the card then it's possible that it has been
removed by our system because the expirations date was not update din
time. In this case, you may need to contact the buyer to verify what
happened to the card.

Also, you need to create a special subscription for your buyer for his
remaining payment. On our end, we cannot re activate a subscription that
has already been cancelled.

If you require more information other than what I have provided, you can
also give us a call at 1-888-221-1161 and we will try our best to give
you immediate answers. Thank you for choosing PayPal for your online
payment needs. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
Katz
Consumer Support
PayPal, an eBay Company

Response from PayPal:

Thanks for your help Rob. I also opened a dispute with paypal but they haven't responded to me yet. I no longer have a current credit card with them but that happened a long time ago (years I think) so that shouldn't be the issue. As far as funds, there was both funds in the account and the account is linked to my bank account. Very odd.

As I said before, I have no problem joining anew and from the looks of it, the problem lies with paypal. I'll wait for their explanation and then rejoin once I'm confident the payment will go through to you as opposed to getting lost in the paypal system. Thanks again and I'll let you know what they respond to me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom