Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Synthetic Vs Regular Oil

Synthetic period. Neo, Redline, Chevron Supreme Synthetic, Mobile One, Amsoil all good stuff. Check the stats side by side with the dino oil. Later 84 CF 91 ZR-1

Does nobody even read thru the first page?

This came up like two days ago.

Just my thoughts. I have an '84 vette, with 87k miles on it. Had quite a few oil leaks.
But after I changed over to Valvoline Max Life motor oil, the leaks all but went away. Go figure.
I've said this before, here and on other forums.
Really surprised me.
But in a good way.
tony

I have an 84 also with 93,xxx miles. what is the process to put in synthetic. Someone told me you had to put the synthetic in then after what ever miles drain it and refill then do it again after every 500 mi or so until 3000mi or so.

Is this true or can I just drop it in and change it after 3000 mi?

Every 500 miles???

Unless you had a bit of money burning a hole in your pocket, 3000 should be fine. The only thing about going synthetic is that it has the tendency to clean out whatever sludge you have built up in the engine over the miles with dino oil. If the dislodging of the sludge worries you, change the filter out at earlier intervals and just add whatever level synthetic oil back.

OK thanks

Some people say if you dont do the correct intervals during the synthetic oil "break-in" you could damage the engine.

Some people are annoying.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom