Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

sys dash light flashing

KP99

Corvette
2012 SuperSonic Blue GS
First time owner. What could be causing my "sys" signal to be
flashing on the main dash read out area. Could it be a loose connection and how do you fix it?

From Gordon Killebrew's - "Top 50 Questions From Corvette Owners and Dealers":
When the letters SYS flash on the left side of the odometer display, the CCM is detecting a component failure code. If the failure code is present the light will stay on, flashing SYS (sometimes mistaken for 5Y5). If the problem is intermittent the SYS may go away and periodically reappear as a reminder to take the car into the dealer. The failure code will be either put into history or current CCM memory, thus helping the dealer resolve the problem. The dealer will see the letter H or C before the failure code number.

Now that you know what is supposed to do, you can work from there to determine the root cause of the SYS light flashing the alert. ;)

_ken :w

Hi out there.
The SYS lamp was blinking on my 1990 to. The wrench sad it was the ECM.....but.....he also sold me a new battery.
HAVE I BEEN FOOLD ??????
Max

This is usually caused by your battery going bad

It's also been my experience that a flashing SYS on a 1990 seems to usually be that the battery and/or alternator needs to be replaced. :hb

Ken is correct that SYS is a CCM component failure code. I don't think it has anything to do with the ECM.

Just to make it all clear. There are to SYS - lamps...one on the left side of the dash, that goes on wen the door is open and so on. It also tells you if something is wrong with the alarm.

Number 2 is in the center, by the speedo. My wrench learnd me wen this one is flashing, it lights upp every 20 sek. as i remember it, the ECM is broken. I have by now learnd the man is not always telling the truth...exept wen he is counting my money.

Max

maxm,
The flashing SYS, by the speedo is the CCM detecting a component failure code like low battery voltage etc. To my knowledge, it has Nothing to do with the ECM! Don't let that wrench count your money. :cry

The SECURITY light, on the left side of the dash, is for the factory alarm system only.

Ve have Vays to make you TALK!

Find out what the problem is...Do not guess!

The flashing light MEANS something's wrong.. but it's not always a certian thing. Like the check engine light/ Service engine soon. Out of 10 people
5 might have the same problem... but I'm betting the milage/driving conditions & maint for the car have been close to the same.

The point..
A garage queen that has 15K on the clock and the same year car ( daily driver ) will not solve the SYS light problem by replacing the battery.

CCM error polling ( Repost )

If your ALDL connector looks like this, you can proceed,If not ( more pins than this) STOP!

This is for ODB style 1

F E D C B A
G H J K L M

I think 94 was the first year of ODB 2

But..My Actron scanner states it will check up to a 95.. which I have not done personally

( Made the same mistake with another post )

If your looks like the above..proceed

You can pole the CCM and get ALL the error codes for the CCM system

TURN OFF KEY..FIND ALDL CONNECTOR
(UNDER DASH LOWER THAN YOU KNEE WOULD BE)

To read the CCM

Key Off
Have pen & paper ready
Jump pins a & g in tha ALDL connector paperclip will do (Top left A bottom right G)

turn key on
This will start the Auto diag of the CCM
The numbers where the speedo lives will give you codes eg C 51 or H 51
(the C means current H means History)
and below there will be another number
( eg 1.1, 2.1 etc)
These will tell you the MODULE at fault.

Write this info down
Repeat as needed
To exit
Key off
Remove the jumper

Post results here!

Mike

Clearin CCM codes 90-96

Jump pin's A & G
Key ON
Press the Trip/ODO button till the 1.7 appears in the module window.

HOLD the ENG/MET button till ( --- ) shows up in the speedo window.

You have now cleared the CCM errors,
( now if there is still a problem.. this will come back and report an error the next time you poll.)

Key off

Remove Jumper

Mike

OK..but first a few dum questions.....

Jump pin's A & G ...schall i conect them ??

CCM....means what ?? is it the same as ECM ??

You have to have patience, först it is the englich and then it is my first Corvette. But i am learning.
Max

Translation(s)

Connect pins A & G

CCM
(C)entral(C)ontrol(M)odule [Body & interior items]

ECM
(E)ngine(C)ontrol(M)odule [Engine Computer]

Sorry for the confusion....

And the questions are not "dum" ( DUMB )

And for any fellow Corvette owner, I have all the patience in the world.

Mike

OK and thank´s. With the "SYS" everything is OK. It seems to work fine. The AC - problem is still there.
I am improving my spelling every day (I hope)
Max

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom