Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

T-top Assembly

Mooser

Corvette
1972 BB Coupe
Anyone out there have access to the AIM for a single lever (79+?) T-top?
I'm putting mine together and wanted to know where they put sealant or adhesive on the trim.

I've got the original AIM for the car (72) which I can use as a guess/guide but since someone converted mine over from double to single levers a long time ago and I've got both sets of glass and painted tops I'm leaving it.

Thanks
Mooser

are you trying to put weatherstripping on or are you reffering to the rubber piece that goes around the outside edge,or some other part(s)

T-top

Mainly the piece of stainless trim along the front and outside. But also anything related to the inner skin, weather strip etc.

When the tops were painted all of the trim (stainless) was removed. I've polished everything and now that I'm putting it back on I want to make sure I've put adhesive or sealant in the right spots and haven't missed anything.
Thanx
Mooser

do you have glass or fiberglass tops???

T-tops

Actually, both...
The glass ones have the black rubber/plastic along the front and outer edge and it is still together (since it didn't need paint :)
The one with the stainless I'm putting back together are the regular fiberglass ones.
Mooser

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom