Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

T-top storage

jetset0045

Corvette
1974 Stingray Coupe
Hey guys,

how do you guys store your t-tops when they're out so that they don't get dinged up and scratched...? Any good suggestions??

I put mine in the bags carefully place them in the back.:thumb

Mine spend the summer here.

Gary

Ttoprack.jpg

Mine spend the summer here.

Gary

Ttoprack.jpg
I'd love to do this but I don't have the room right now. I used to put mine on our jet ski but with the new vette in its place now I have just put them on the workbench.

I very much prefer this method .... :thumb

rearshot1024.jpg

hardly ever see this anymore!...what straps do you use to hold them on the rack?? also, when the ttops are stored behind the seats, is there a strap that should hold them in place?? got any pictures of that? thanks..

The strap is a kit you buy. Zip has them here.

_Images%5CBlobs%5CHT-369.JPG

We didn't like the way the strap worked so we "reworked" it a little (see pics), but does the same thing. It has a couple of "clips" that hook around the rack tube, and then "clips" on the T-Top. The strap just keeps everything in place. I truly believe it is why these racks were put on by the dealers on these cars, it wasn't for luggage, but for the tops.:L

We have a set of bags as well for the tops and put them behind the seat sometimes. I think it is easier to put them on the rack personally!

Let me get some pictures for you! :thumb

I have an original set of the brackets and strap if anyone is interested. I used them on a '77. Allowes to have storage space in the back and still take off the t-tops.

I wrap mine in large towels, and keep them in the garage during the good months! Otherwise, they're on the top, or sit in the back with a towel between them to keep em from rubbing.

Very Innovative!

I love your idea. Going to do the same soon.

Room in the back of a 74'

I put mine in the bags carefully place them in the back.:thumb

Bill, should there always be room in the back/trunk of a 74? There is one I'm considering buying, but it doesnt seem to have room, is that some sort of modification then?

...should there always be room in the back/trunk of a 74? There is one I'm considering buying, but it doesnt seem to have room, is that some sort of modification then?...

All coupes came with a pair of vinyl bags to store the tops in and a Y strap for use with securing them in the rear storage area. If memory serves, the owner's manual shows how to store them.

:thumb

What Mike said!!!!:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom