Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

T-Tops

S

schoeassoc

We're looking to get glass t-tops in addition to our fiberglass ones for our 1979 Torch Red Vette. We've looked in Corvette Central, Eckler's, MidAmerica, Zip & Corvette America. Any input as to what type i.e.( Transparent, glass-LOF Tempered vs break resistent PPG glass, Mirrored, reflective, Blue acrylic, etc.), how good of a fit. I know most of this is personal preference but we want the best bang for the buck since they're not cheap!!! Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, any experience with roof panel sunliners? Are they effective?
Thanks. Bill
P.S. Astro tops are NOT being considered.

I would also like info on the inside sunscreens for the glasstops. Just how effective are they and how to they look.

You could always try to find Moonroofs, I certainly like mine.

Rick

If you're buying your first set, it's pretty much personal. But be sure to shop around for the best price. I've seen prices vary by hundreds of dollars...

Sunscreens are very good! They let us drive our car in 90+ degree Texas heat and still stay cool in the air-conditioned breeze. And we still have that "open sky" feeling. But you'll have a hard time finding them cut to fit your moonroofs!

T-tops

schoeassoc,
Try out (www.corvettettops.com). I bought a set of "Black Glass" tops from them a couple years ago. All GM components, frame, latches,LOF glass. Very nice guy to deal with "over the phone." Good instructions to follow for "fitting/ shimming" tops. Saved me about $200.00 vs. Mid America's price! He carries the mirrored bronze tops, Galaxy Glass tops, limited supply of the "rare" M1131 mirrored blue tops. The guys name is Derek.

I highly recommend him, because the whole transaction from A to Z was perfect! And my tops still don't leak after 2 years, and I hope many more.

Sunscreens...I would shop around. I don't have them. It don't stay hot enough, long enough in Buffalo to justify them.

:w Sarge

Keep an eye on E-Bay. Once in a while you'll find some nice deals. As for me,I prefer mirrored.:cool I don't use any sunshades even though I live in S. Florida cause I've always got the top(s) off both of them;)

But you'll have a hard time finding them cut to fit your moonroofs!

page62......Sunscreens......What material are they made of? Wouldn't I be able to trim/cut to fit?

I would like to give them a shot.

Rick

Ecklers and at least one of the others have them. About 25 bucks. They're made of a static cling plastic, with either dot-matrix holes or no holes. It's great because you can remove & replace 'em at will!

They're cut to fit C3 glass tops, but I'll bet you could use your scissors to bring 'em down to moonroof size.

page62 said:

They're cut to fit C3 glass tops, but I'll bet you could use your scissors to bring 'em down to moonroof size.

Thanks.....that's what I was thinking.

Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom