Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TACH FILTER FOR 1980 WANTED

Nobody Cares

Corvette
red 81, orange 74 vert. , 80 claret,69 chevy pu
Hi, Does anyone have a tach filter for a 1980. White wire coming off the bottom of the distributor to the tach filter and plugs into the wire going to the tach.. Thnx Dave
VETTETACHFILTERPART8-03002.jpg

VETTE80CLARET009.jpg

Willcox has the best price for replacement filters. If you’re looking for a NOS filter there are two different part numbers depending on the motor installed in the car. The 350ci (all) used Group #9.750 part #14020025 and the 305ci used part #14022056. Both parts are listed in the same group number. Not sure what the difference is, maybe just the connectors? These parts numbers have been discontinued years ago and are no longer available at the dealer. Maybe e-bay but that’s a crap shoot on electrical items.
If you purchase a replacement, and they work fine you will have to either purchase new plastic connector shielding or reuse the originals. To reuse your originals a special tool is required to unlock the stay con from the plastic shielding. The metal connectors do come with the replacement filter but you will only get two. There will not be a 3rd connector for the double pig tail end, again it is available as a separate purchase.
Willcox part number is 393125 and is $52.95
Brian

Hi, Does anyone have a tach filter for a 1980. White wire coming off the bottom of the distributor to the tach filter and plugs into the wire going to the tach.. Thnx Dave
VETTETACHFILTERPART8-03002.jpg

I have one that came off my running L82. I removed it when I switched from the carb to TPI. It works just fine... although it doesn't look new.

I'd be willing to part with it for postage and handling.:)

Before.JPG

L82back.jpg

did you call ecklers? the are OOS on the OEM but they have one that works

TMPjoe, i have found that just about all the corvette parts places has the filter. Was just hoping that someone might have a good used one for a little cheaper than the $50.00 that the parts places want. The reason being that it might also be that the tach circuit board is bad ?? Just bought this car and the tach did not work, but did figure out ( with the help of the fourum guys ) that the tach filter has a short. Dave :w

:bar

Hi Pete. Thnx for the reply . i just got one a few days ago. Guess it is the Tach Board . i replaced the tach filter which was also bad but problem NOT SOLVED.. Dave :w

Call Bill at Harrison Speedometers, super guy who rebuilt the tach and speedometer head, for my 63, things came back much better than I ever anticipated and well worth the money. Retired police officer that is trying to get this new business off the ground. He can even change the red line on your tach if you need it. He usually plays on another forum as "Gldnkngt". Super fast turnaround. Can you tell I like the guy?

website harrisonspeedometer.com/ he's down in Jupiter , Florida .

Tell him Andy from Houston, Mississippi refered you as I no longer frequent the board I met him on.

Beautiful Car!

:beer

Andy

I replaced the Tach filter a few weeks back but no go . Tach still not working. Going to order a tach board next. Hopfully that solves the problem. Thnx Dave :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom