Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tach Filter

wrc3

Corvette
1976 L-48
Ok what I was calling a capacitor is actually the tach filter. I have since read up on it and evidently it takes electronic noise out of the line between the dist and the tach. The problem is mine is old and the wire running to it is rotted and cracked. I have called zip's and eckler's and they both have it as discontinued. Anyone have any thoughts on where I can get a replacement?

B

So I can just run the tach wire direct to the dist with out the filter? I was afraid of burning out the tach circuit board.

B

If the insulation is cracked but still intact, I recommend that you cut the old wires off and solder on new ones. You can use shrink wrap to cover the soldered connection.
One of the wires broke completely off of my tach filter. It shorted out on the intake manifold which in turn immediately fried the ignition module. I was stranded on the spot!
There wasn't enough wire left to solder a new one onto so I built a new filter. The parts cost about $7 at Radio Shack.

Thanks for the idea. I did infact run new wires to the filter soldered them and then wrapped the whole bundle in electrical tape. Works fine for now.

B

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom