Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

tach question

o2bnkc

Corvette
2002 M.Y. convertible
Heard a weird sound in my distributor today, looked down and saw my tach wasn't working. I pulled the disributor and the gears seemed to be working. When I looked at the cable coming from the tach, it was bare, nothing on the end. Is the end of the tach cable that goes into the distibutor supposed to have a "key" or someting slotted that would go into the gear drive? I assume it has to have some sort of way to hook into the gear system on the distributor. My next step is to look in some catalogs for pics, but I thought I would start here, and find out from the experts. Thanks in advance for any help.

67l36driver

Corvette
'67 convert
The end of the cable core is swaged into a square shape, about 1/8" per side. Fits into the driven gear in the dist.

Possibly broken off flush?

New cable core is removed/reinstalled from the tach end.

o2bnkc

Corvette
2002 M.Y. convertible
It looks like it has broken off somewhere. It's not in the gear drive itself. I pulled all of that out of the tach. So i have to go in behind the tach and pull this one out from there to replace it? I haven't looked up there yet. Does it just unscrew like it does to the distributor?

67l36driver

Corvette
'67 convert
It looks like it has broken off somewhere. It's not in the gear drive itself. I pulled all of that out of the tach. So i have to go in behind the tach and pull this one out from there to replace it? I haven't looked up there yet. Does it just unscrew like it does to the distributor?
Yes & Yes. Same type of nut as on dist end.

I'm not that familiar with C1's, but I think the back of the speedo and tach are more accessable than the '63-'67.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom