Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

tech articles page update

Corvette
1965 Coupe L76 / 1978 L82
I noticed some copyrighted content on that site, specifically .pdfs of articles which previously published in "Corvette Enthuaist" magazine.

Do you have permission from Amos Automotive Publishing, the company which owns "Corvette Enthuasit" magazine to repost those on your web site?

when referring to the articles that would have been in Corvette Enthusiast magazine, are you referring to John Hinkley's articles? I have permission from approx 98% of the authors of the of the articles to have them posted up on my site, including all of John's articles. In fact, probably half of the articles I have posted up were sent to me directly by the author to include on the site so that everyone could benefit from them. As you will notice a few of them are listed as "unknown" so of course I can't contact them. A number of them are only links to the articles on other sites (such as a few of your own articles but if you prefer i'll be glad to pull the links down if you don't wish me to link to your articles) and the remaining few were again actually pulled off of other peoples personal sites (with their permission) that had collected them from various threads on forums such as here, CF, etc which unless I'm mistaken would be considered public domain if the info is posted in a thread for anyone to see and of course proper credit is given to the original poster or author of the information.

The copyright you are violating is not John's. You've have posted .pdfs of the actual magazine pages and that's copyrighted by the publisher, Amos Automotive Publishing. While John may have given you permission to use his text, what he couldn't grant you is permission to repost the magazine's pages.

A number of them are only links to the articles on other sites (such as a few of your own articles but if you prefer i'll be glad to pull the links down if you don't wish me to link to your articles)

Links are not copyright violations. What's a violation is reposting the actual magazine pages or posting of an author's text on your site without permission from the copyright owner. You have a ton of CE's copyrighted material on your site. I personally, have not stake in that but the magazine publisher may feel it's copyright is being violated. The proper thing to do is contact Amos Automotive Publishing and ask for permission to reproduce pages out of "Corvette Enthuaist" for your web site.

which unless I'm mistaken would be considered public domain if the info is posted in a thread for anyone to see and of course proper credit is given to the original poster or author of the information.

You are mistaken.
You seriously need to research copyright law.

The copyright you are violating is not John's. You've have posted .pdfs of the actual magazine pages and that's copyrighted by the publisher, Amos Automotive Publishing. While John may have given you permission to use his text, what he couldn't grant you is permission to repost the magazine's pages.

Links are not copyright violations. What's a violation is reposting the actual magazine pages or posting of an author's text on your site without permission from the copyright owner. You have a ton of CE's copyrighted material on your site. I personally, have not stake in that but the magazine publisher may feel it's copyright is being violated. The proper thing to do is contact Amos Automotive Publishing and ask for permission to reproduce pages out of "Corvette Enthuaist" for your web site.

Hib - The copyright for the material is mine, as you know, and I have permission from the publisher to have the .pdf's posted in their original as-published format as long as it's noted that they were originally published in "Corvette Enthusiast" magazine.

:beer

John, As always, I greatly appreciate you sending and allowing me to host up your articles.
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom