Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tech Center Question

Wilkinshc

Corvette
1965 Coupe
If someone was to gather info on "how-to-do's", is there a way to enter the information in the tech center as a how to do. Maybe have a drop menu with sections like: Suspension, Body adjustments, Engine, Tranny, Specs (Torque specs), Mods (max tire size, ride hieght, aftermarket steering, aftermarket trannys, fuel injection).

I have been on the buick gn forum for years and they have a "how-to" that show step by step to fix problems which makes it easy to find and a great place for newbies to look in one convienent place. Example would be the great write up by Stepinwolf on the rack-pinion setup, I have a spreadsheet on torque settings on most bolts & nuts, rebuilding trailing arms, headlight motors, and other reoccuring questions that are always asked.

Just a thought, I would be willing to help with info that I can.

Chuck

Sounds like a great idea to me!!! I'd like to see the forum go for it!!

:)

Thanks, Chuck. I'm forwarding your thoughts to Rob.

:w

Would you want the How-To Section incorporated into the Knowledgebase with the service bulletins and recall notices or would you want it separate?

Rob,

I think knowledgebase would be fine. Maybe you could post a poll on where most would like it.

Here is a link to the gn website that may give you some ideas:

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/photoguideindex.html

If you browse the the menu bar titled "technical articles" top left, it has different cat. and once you pick the cat. it will go to that page with sub-cat. with the articles listed.

I would like to see sections for aftermarket suspensions, installing crate motors, aftermarket trannies, other non stock mods, and a photo section of parts Id.

Thanks
Chuck

.....outstanding suggestion. Especially for those of us that are just getting deep into a big project.....and need a reference on something immediately....as we work.

Fantastic idea. I've kept printed copies of various how to's as they appear here and in the other forum in a file arranged by section: interior, electrical, exhaust, body, etc. Has been very useful but an online version would be better.

I'll set up a How-To Categories within the Generation categories of the Knowledgebase. If you have stuff to submit, contact me via the forums or the contact form here on the site and I'll respond back.

-Rob

Rob,

That sounds good, I will start putting together some articles that would help. Most what I have for drivetrain will be mods,( installing a 200r4, fuel injection lines and tank, tom's differential vs stock pic, single master cyl to dual with Inline's kit-just master cylinder,distribution block to accept front and rear lines, and two down lines {real simple and easy}) since I still am in the process of putting mine back together still I hope to come up with more articles.

I think with a good how-to-section the site will see alot more activity.

Where should I send them and is there a prefer format (pdf, wps,or something else) or anything else that would be prefer such as size limit?

Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom