Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Telescopic does not operate

DanHammer

Corvette
2001 Coupe Millennium Yellow
Hello everyone,

I don't know if any of you have ever had problems with the telescopic steering column not working. The Memory works, except for the steering column does not telescope In/Out all of a sudden. A mechanic informed me that it is all connected with the memory seat ... and he told me to check the fuses. :confused

I would appreciate any assistance on this. Thanks and God Bless.;worship

Dan

Move the telescopic :) switch 7 or 8 times in a row. This should connect path back to computer.

Hey thanks Mel ... I will try that when I get home tonight.

:D Mel ... you are the man. Yes sir, just like you said and wala ... the telescopic column is now working .... thanks again.:beer :v Dan

Do i have this on my 98 ?

I dont have memory package

thanks

:)I found this thread relating to my concern, after establishing communications it just clicks in both directions. I have no looked under the column yet, just bought it last week. Just wondering if the cable or slide was bound up. Any thoughts before I remove the column and have a look inside?

OK, took it a part and found the acctuator is frozen. Tried to free it up with no luck
Anyone have one laying around? HA HA

Found a used one for $119 at corvetterecycle
Good price???

I found a used column for $100 and swapped the linear actuator.
I love my telescopic wheel action:happyanim:

Glad you were able to fix the problem, Doug. I don't have the telescopic option on my 98 so I'm not familiar with it.

:wJane Ann

Good news.....:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom