Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tell us all where you bought your C3

Okay....well I bought my 1980 L82 from my father a few years after he had purchased it. He rarely used it when he owned it, so I talked him into selling it to me. I went with him when he bought it, so I know most of the story behind the car. My father worked at a Chevy dealership. There was a mechanic there that did all the Vette work. My father was interested in buying one, and the mechanic mentioned a friend of his who was selling a red 1980 L82. Turned out, the guy was a Boston cop. He bought the car from the department after it had been recovered stolen, and the owner had already spent the insurance money on a new car. He did a little restoration, and then sold it to my father. When I got it, it ran great, but everything else was in pretty rough shape. Im just about done now, and its turned out to be an awesome car, with somewhat of a crazy background.

80vetteL82 :W

Good story 80VetteL82, hope to see you at a few car shows this season.

irony

That's pretty funny, my car's previous owner was a cop in Texas.

Small world.

I found my at a dealer in Hamilton,Ohio very nice to deal with and from our experience they were very honest and up front about everything. Performance Plus Corvettes. They may not have what your looking for, but can find it for you.

Here's their link... http://performancepluscorvettes.net/index.html :)

Purchased my 71 from Mershon's. Very happy with the car,
but not with the "experience". I probably will not buy from them
again.

Bought my Vette from a guy I work with who purchased a new 06. He no longer had the need for the 79 so I happily took it off his hands. I think he regrets it now...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom