Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Temp is pegged at 260

pdeason

Corvette
1991 White Coupe
I just changed the injectors and was letting the car warm up before driving. That is the best it has idled since I bought it. However, when I got in to drive it I noticed the temp guage at 260 degrees. I know it can't be that hot after only 15 to 20 minutes idling in cool night air. I did have a small coolant leak at the throttle body that I fixed and also had to take one bolt out of the thermostat housing to take off a bracket and lost a little coolant there.

I heard gurgling when I shut it down. Did I get air in the coolant system and would that cause the errant reading? Would it be ok to drive short distances until I can bleed the system??

I heard gurgling when I shut it down. Did I get air in the coolant system .. Would it be ok to drive short distances until I can bleed the system??

Highly likely;was your gauge working correctly before? did fans come on while idling?
can drive anywhere so long as temps are normal.

Guage was working previously. We shut it down for about 10 minutes and when we cranked it up it was about 200. Drove it around a little and the temperature never moved above about 205. I will bleed the cooling system when I get a chance. I am sure there are procedures for that on here somewhere.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom