Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Temperature sending unit

PEAHAT

Corvette
81 c3
Good evening, My original temp gauge connector is broken . It is a two into a white round connector, the sending unit has also failed. I am unable to find an original replacement, all I could located is a/c delco with a single blade connector. any solution for replacement?

Scott 81 vette

There's two temp sensors on the 81.

From your description the one with the broken connector is for the ECM and is located on the intake manifold, Is that the one you are refering to? If so you may have to look at getting a new sensor with the same specs and a new connector to go with it.

The single blade connector replacement is likely the one that goes into the block for the gauge in the car.

Did not realize there was 2 sensors, temp gauge in vehicle is working fine now. Thanks for you assistance.

Scott M

Virginia

the temp sending unit that you are talking about. (manifold front of engine) is a large problem if not working. Will not let engine go into closed loop, because it is causing to run hot. getting too much fuel because it thinks that it is still a cold engine. If it is idling for awhile look at the catalyt converter, you might find it a bright orange color.

Sorry Jimbil, your statements don't make sense!
No closed loop yes but the others???

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom