Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! ZR-1 Fuel sending unit and fuel pumps needed

Snapper

Good day,
Help needed I have a 1990 ZR1 that does not run and no fuel pressure, I discovered after taking the car apart the fuel pumps are shot and the sending unit is so corroded due to ethenol fuel deteriorating the unit. I am trying to locate replacement parts but no such luck. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and also can a standard fuel sending unit from a standard L98 base car be retrofitted to work on the ZR1. Any help would be appreciated.
8c366a21a48ac96e8386f68839c2588b.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Yes I did buy the replacement pumps, in fact I bought 2 kits because I have two cars. However you do not get what the picture shows, you get two pumps, strainer filters and some hardware. I need a sending unit that is completely shot and will not function. I did some research and got a few ideas to get things working again. I am just glad my other car is still running and the fuel gauge works

Thanks for your input and assistance.

Yes I did buy the replacement pumps, in fact I bought 2 kits because I have two cars. However you do not get what the picture shows, you get two pumps, strainer filters and some hardware. I need a sending unit that is completely shot and will not function. I did some research and got a few ideas to get things working again. I am just glad my other car is still running and the fuel gauge works

Thanks for your input and assistance.

Okay, I'm confused, you state: "I need a sending unit that is completely shot and will not function." Is that a typo or are you looking for one that can be rebuilt or are you looking for a new replacement? If so, would this work? Corvette Gas Tank Sending Unit, With Pump, ZR1, AC Delco, 1990-1995

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the link. My sending unit is shot and I bought 2 new pumps to install on the current fuel pump assembly. This will help out with a direct replacement.

I think I'd call that vendor and ask them to confirm they actually have stock of that part (ACDelco PN 19180770) before I'd place an order.

Last edited:
Hello Snapper, I am a new member. I just bought a 1990 ZR-1 about 2 months ago and had the same exact problem. My sending unit was completely disintegrated into the t fuel tank. The car had been sitting for 4 or 5 years. I lucked out and found a complete sending unit on ebay from a 1994 ZR-1, I chose to clean my tank, installed new fuel pumps on the sending unit and have it installed. Maybe you could check on the Net. Registry in parts for sale, I don't think a L98 unit will work, I'm new to these cars and am learning, I paid 400 bucks for the part. Good luck, I will keep my eyes open, if I were you I would check every Corvette site regularly you never know when one will come up for sale.

And? Any luck finding the part?

No not yet. Working on repairing other at this time. I got a few ideas on several forums.

Well after searching all over the internet and part stores, I was unable to find a sending unit to replace my original one. I rebuilt the old one with new fuel pumps and tank strainer screens for the pumps. Re wired the unit and made sure the pumps work prior to installation. The fuel gauge sending unit was a no go in regards to replacement based on no replacement parts. The car at least runs and you can actually use it. It’s a shame nobody makes replacement parts for these cars anyone. My advise to all of you, change or make sure you use all that old gas regularly and make sure you add fuel stabilizer regularly or your car will not run for too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom