Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tested my new Linelock

Tepot

Corvette
1974 Metalic Blue L-48 Coupe 4 speed
Tested my new Linelock, got a burnout video

Hi guy's,

It's been a while, but I'm back on the furum. I've installed a linelock recently on my C3. Did change my rear end gears to 3:55 and installed new posi clutch as well.

Anyways. this is a small video on youtube of me testing the linelock. Worked out great.

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=fEMrOQqeiRQ

P.S. I will add more bigger , better , longer burnouts as soon as I can get my hands on another camera. I've did big ass burnouts since this one but didn't have a camera to get it on tape.

I did a couple burn-outs in my C6, in the work parking lot. Here's a link: http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=VaPzdMCeLeE

Oddly enough, the guys in the front office didn't appreciate me doing burn-outs. :W

Jason

Nice burnout !!. I rated your video and left a comment. Can't beleive the guy's in the front office didn't appreciate the burn-outs. They must be a bunch of stuck ups !! Any normal guy should apreaciate a good burnout!

Welcome back, Tepot! You've just qualified for attending CruiseFest! ;LOL

Welcome back, Tepot! You've just qualified for attending CruiseFest! ;LOL

ahahah nice burnout evolution1980. that's the thing I'd liked to see around here. the car shows we have here in New-brunswick Canada are borring like hell. you park your car, sit all day and wait for it to end.

I'd like to see burnout contests or slalom competition. Here to do a burnout you have to friggin hide somewhere, hope the cops are not around or hope nobody calls the cops and do your burnout and get the hell away from there as fast as you can so you don't get caught.

ahahah nice burnout evolution1980. that's the thing I'd liked to see around here. the car shows we have here in New-brunswick Canada are borring like hell. you park your car, sit all day and wait for it to end.

I'd like to see burnout contests or slalom competition. Here to do a burnout you have to friggin hide somewhere, hope the cops are not around or hope nobody calls the cops and do your burnout and get the hell away from there as fast as you can so you don't get caught.
Exactly the same way here....unless you are a specific venue that allows 'em.

My video clip was from CruiseFest 1 in Auburn, Indiana. The Auburn Inn had purchased a tract of land and had it freshly covered with asphalt. It was probably about 500ft in length. They said, "Go ahead and blacktop it!" :upthumbs
My car didn't have line locks at that time. In fact, it didn't really have any brakes at all! I had zero rear brakes and only about 30% front brakes. Suffice to say, doing burnouts wasn't exceptionally difficult. :L

Typically at CruiseFests, Rowdy and I are the ones that give the smoke show. Tankman and Roadster Fan occasionally get in on the action as well. :D :thumb
Next year though may actually differ for me though, as I plan on having 17" rims and quite a bit more expensive tires. I don't know that I'll be as willing to melt the expensive rubber versus the cheap stuff I have now. ;shrug :)

Next year though may actually differ for me though, as I plan on having 17" rims and quite a bit more expensive tires. I don't know that I'll be as willing to melt the expensive rubber versus the cheap stuff I have now. ;shrug :)
Well do like I do. Buy used wheels from any car, camaro, trans am, etc.. Make sure it's same bolt pattern and it clears the calipers, then go to the local scrap yard and they'll give you warn tires so you can put on those rims. then when you go to the event. just change the wheels right on the spot with a cordless impact and bingo. have fun !!. that's what I'm doing but not in shows. simply in the streets. ahah, For you , just keep you original wheels and put old tires on them, no need to balance them either.

Well do like I do...just change the wheels right on the spot with a cordless impact and bingo. have fun !!. that's what I'm doing but not in shows. simply in the streets. ahah, For you , just keep you original wheels and put old tires on them, no need to balance them either.
Bah, way too much hassle. As for the original rims, they have been gone for a looong time. Got rid of 'em years ago after having the car painted. They weren't the original 1980 rims. They were 77-79 and were a PITA to keep clean, so I ditched 'em. (Plus, they were costly to replace if I ever had to.)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom