Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TH350 Issue and EFE Valve

Reese001

Corvette
1974 Corvette Stingray White
Good afternoon everyone, I have 2 questions one concerning odd behavior from the TH350 in my '74 vette and another concerning a broken off EFE valve on the thermostat housing.

The transmission in my car was fairly brandnew when i bought it about 2 years ago from the previous owner. It worked great up until about a week ago when I took the car out of the shop for a drive and it shifted into 2nd at about 30 and didnt seem to make it into third gear for some reason. when I put it in reverse or drive it drops right into gear instantly with no delay so I dont know what the problem would be. At wide open throttle it also doesnt kick down into a lower gear. is this a sign that i need a new transmission or is there something I should get up under the car and look for as the cause of this.

My next question has to do with the EFE valve which come out of the therostat housing and has one vacuum line going to the carb and another to another piece on the motor. some where along the line both the stems on this thing broke off and someone just stuck some screws into the hoses and left it. My question is do I have to replace this valve or can i replace the thermostat and housing and eliminate this valve for good. and what do I do about the hoses?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom