Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The 1991 L98 engine problems continue......

Ok. Here's the advice: purchase a factory service manual and diagnose the car's problems using it.

Once you know what the problem is, it will be much easier to fix it.

Guessing or trial and error waste of time and expense.

If you're going to "beg" for advice that advice will be most useful if you first diagnose the car properly, then post the symptoms based on that. Given the information you've posted to date, it's very difficult to offer any useful information.

I'd take this man's advice if I were you..I spent a great deal of time playing "pick-a-part to replace" and it turned out to be a $40 map sensor. What should have cost me $40 cost me almost $400 in the end...Using process of elimination will definitely drain your bank account, as it did in my case...I'll be ordering my FSM soon for when the next problem arrives..:thumb
My problem was my car ran but skipped terribly..Was a nightmare trying to diagnose blindly..:beer

Code 33 for 91 L98?

Does anyone know if this code is for a MAF sensor or a MAP sensor? I think it is the latter as I have read that 91 L98's dont have one?

Thanks for the help

I am not sure if this helps but my 86 was doing this (start and then die) occassionally not every day. I finally completely bypassed the vats and the problem has gone away. First I know the vats should inhibit starter and the injector pulse but my starter interupt relay had been bypassed with a jumper wire. I installed a vats bypass not the resistor to bypass the key chip and the problem has stopped. Hope this helps anyone

code 33

According to the ACTRON Code Scanner guide a code 33 refers to either the MAF or the MAP. it states " Engine mis-fire or unstable idle may cause this code". Also, in my FSM on page 6E3-A-42 it refers to the MAF sensor circuit.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom