Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Beast

bling vette

Corvette
2004 Millenium yellow Conv.
A friend of mine just traded in his 2001 Coupe for 2006 Z06. He brought it to the all Corvette cruise-in this past Sunday. There were at least two others there also. They all compared notes, extended mutual congrats, and had grins on their faces a mile long!!! If only I could be counted in that elite group too!!! Anybody got a spare $75,000 to lend a yearning soul????

You have an awesome looking car. I have a 1999 C5 that I just love, heavily modified so she keeps me happy. I wouldn't give her up for a new Z06.

That said, if I could find an extra $75,000 I would buy a new Z06 in a second, I think they are fantastic cars! I'm partial to the blue, but saw a Daytona Sunset Orange that looked incredible too. Your friend deserves that grin afforded by his new Z06, I'd have one too.

I think I'm going to buy a raffle ticket from the NCM and hope for the best. 75K is out of my range for the forseeable future ;)

Tammy

I think about how many mods that I can do with that kind of money and how nice my already sweet car would look. I think I will have my car for quite some time.

I must admit that the new Z06 is a beautiful car on every level. If I hit the big one I'll get each of us a new one.

Remo:cool

What's even more amusing is seeing these things being taken to Lingenfelter, Mallet, etc...

:W :W

I could only wish I had that kinda flow...

I think about this though: Would you really want the absolutely fastest street car on your block? I mean, toying with people would get boring before ya even started because ya know they have no chance. "Why would I race you...you'll lose." As much as that might sound fun...in practice it would probably get old. I don't mind close races or even the occasional loss. But with a new Z or heaven help me, a modded one..."Man"!!!

EDIT: Let me clarify by saying that I would still do it if I had the cash.. :D

Evolution1980 said:
What's even more amusing is seeing these things being taken to Lingenfelter, Mallet, etc...

Andre,

I know what you mean. I was out at Lingenfelter last month and there were two Z06's that came right from Bowling Green (stickers still on the windows) getting modded up. They were going to leave with right around 650 HP each. There was another one (from Texas) that had been there once for a 700 HP injection and was back for the twin turbos and would leave with 1,000 HP.

Remo:cool

Remo said:
They were going to leave with right around 650 HP each. There was another one (from Texas) that had been there once for a 700 HP injection and was back for the twin turbos and would leave with 1,000 HP.
Man, that's just sick... I know you just had your car done there. Does it / Did it give you the slightest bit of that "Man, my car is anemic" feeling? I mean, you got a nice little bump. But then it's like, "Ummm, yeah...I only have the 430hp package."

*laughing to myself*

I know "there's always someone faster"...but who? Don Garlitts maybe? :L

bling vette said:
A friend of mine just traded in his 2001 Coupe for 2006 Z06. He brought it to the all Corvette cruise-in this past Sunday. There were at least two others there also. They all compared notes, extended mutual congrats, and had grins on their faces a mile long!!! If only I could be counted in that elite group too!!! Anybody got a spare $75,000 to lend a yearning soul????

Bling,

wow, i didn't think anyone still lived in youngstown anymore!!!! let alone vetters!!! YSU alumni here, go Pete!!!!!

jimmie jam said:
Bling,

wow, i didn't think anyone still lived in youngstown anymore!!!! let alone vetters!!! YSU alumni here, go Pete!!!!!
Yeah, some of us die hards still live here and belong to quite a few corvette clubs. Just had are annual spring corvette cruise-in April 30. Close to 300 vettes showed up. If your ever back this way let me know.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom