Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Best Corvette In Turkey...

SSTibet

Corvette
1995 6 Speed Manual Coupe
I was planning to take pics of "the best vette in TR" for long time and post them at CAC for my friends. Here we go:

Cor01.jpg

Cor02.jpg

Cor03.jpg

Cor04.jpg

Cor05.jpg

6 Shooter, is this blonde Corvette yours? It is a gorgeous car. I love it.

Selim

Jeroenvgfn said:
nice car :upthumbs

have you seen this thread ?

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71634

this guy transformed his 1982 manta with handmade C6 looks.

I was not visiting CAC for some time and I missed that thread. But remember a few things about Turkey : (1) labor is cheap, (2) manual skills are extremely good, and (3) Turks are creative people. I would not be surprised a bit if someone made a Ferrari out of a scooter here :)

Very nice Selim...:upthumbs

Your car looks immaculate! :D

And Duane, Your car looks incredible as well! :dance

Very, very nice - wish mine looked that good! Congratulations on all the good work you put into it.

Bob

Excellent photos. How did you happen to find or bring the C4 to Turkey? I bet it sure gets some interesting looks cruising around the Turkish landscape. By the way, what is the speed limits in Turkey?

Best of luck.

WOW, Immaculate, looks great :w Some black GS wheels would finish it off nicely though Selim :L

Selim,

One day I am going to get to Turkey and ring your doorbell. I hope your wife won’t mind if you take me cruising in the best looking Vette in Turkey… no telling what kind of mischief we could get into – everybody says that I am a bad influence.

Igeaux:w

Folks, I love visiting CAC frequently. But I travel often for business and I sort of get away from it from time to time. I just came back from Saudi a few days ago and first thing I did over the weekend was to wash my baby and take pictures of it. My younger son (17) also loves the Vette.

Hey Spanishvettes, are you coming to Istanbul for the F1 in August??? I think it is going to be between 19 - 21 August. I will not be there...

JEFNLSA said:
Very nice Selim...:upthumbs

Your car looks immaculate! :D

And Duane, Your car looks incredible as well! :dance

Thanks Jeff. There are a few things that bother me in this car. It is mostly trim related stuff where door / window seals, w/strips to do not line up perfectly and stuff like that. But I guess I got used to them and not getting mad any more :)

Thanks for the compliments my friend,

Selim

Moonunit 451 said:
WOW, Immaculate, looks great :w Some black GS wheels would finish it off nicely though Selim :L

Hmmmm, thanks but I really don't like the black wheels that much. I am more on the "leaner & meaner" looking side. I would love to get wheels with 5 spokes for example...

Cheers,

Selim

NC2Stay said:
Very, very nice - wish mine looked that good! Congratulations on all the good work you put into it.

Bob

Bob, thanks for the very nice words. I know your wife wants a yellow Corvette. I am sure you have hundreds of them in USA; get one for her :)

Selim

silverja said:
Excellent photos. How did you happen to find or bring the C4 to Turkey? I bet it sure gets some interesting looks cruising around the Turkish landscape. By the way, what is the speed limits in Turkey?

Best of luck.

Silveja,

Thanks for the nice words. I found the car in Turkey. The story goes like "it was bought by a Turkish student living in USA who then brought it to Turkey, drove it in Istanbul & sold it. The new owner drove it in Istanbul for some time and then sold it to Ankara, where we live". And then I got it all by luck... No sweat but a lot of luck I guess :)

Speed limits in TR are very similar to USA. In "divided highways" (equivalent of USA interstate roads) speed limit is 75MPH but cops will not bother until 90MPH on such roads. On "lesser quality" highways limit is 50MPH and cops allow 60MPH.

Now, don't ask "where do you drive that car in Turkey" please, we have nice roads & highways here too. They are not as good and as many in US but enough to have fun.

It's a beauty, Selim!!!

I'm impressed about the way you keep the engine bay, and yellow is really my favorite Vette color! (very hard to find over here in México :cry ) Anyway; red is my second choice! :)

:w

vettered91 said:
It's a beauty, Selim!!!

I'm impressed about the way you keep the engine bay, and yellow is really my favorite Vette color! (very hard to find over here in México :cry ) Anyway; red is my second choice! :)

:w

It took a lot of hard work and patience to get the engine bay look like that. It was mostly covered with some amount of road dust & dirt when I got it.

I will post one more pic of the engine here for you to enjoy it. I had to clean the engine bay with Scotch bright, steel wool, q-tips, and even with tooth picks... I continue cleaning it with WD40 for the metal parts and electrical stuff, and with other sprays for non-metalic parts. And baby does it shine!!!

Cheers,

Selim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom