Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Best Service Repair Manual (?)

Jerrys95vette

Corvette
C4 1995 Corvette Base
I'm a Corvette newbie.
What is the best service repair manual to get for my 1995 Covette? On that has the best detail and coverage.
I have seen the red books (two) for sale.
Any suggestions?

Thank you CAC friends

Those RED Books are the factory Service manuals. That is the set that you want. They have the flow charts to follow in your diagnosis of your codes.

Those RED Books are the factory Service manuals. That is the set that you want. They have the flow charts to follow in your diagnosis of your codes.

Factory Service Manuel, Only way to go. :thumb

You can also find the blue cover looseleaf version. This is the one I believe most dealerships had. One advantage is the cover is 'removable' so you can add to it as need be.
That's the one I have for my 86 and when I found some documentation on the Tremec transmission that's in the car it was easy to add permanently to the manual.

Whether red or blue cover, I have yet to see any other manual that covers as much as they do and do it accurately.

Thank you CAC members.
I finally found some used ones in really good shape. $94.00 shipped. I thumb through them and all the pages appear to be there. A few grease marks, but that just tells me someone at lease used it.

Did you get the electircal supplement with it ?
That has all the electrical diagrams etc.

The FSM for MY95 has no "electrical supplement". It's two volumes with the electrical section in one of the two.

Red Books

Did you get the electircal supplement with it ?
That has all the electrical diagrams etc.

Yes, I got both volume 1 & 2. Volume 2 is very techical and mostly over my head. However, my brother-in-law is an electrical engineer. He's alsop a Mustang fan, as he recently restored a 1969 ground-up to factory condition. However, with a little smooth ego building-talk I could get him to help me when I get stumped.

Yes, I got both volume 1 & 2. Volume 2 is very techical and mostly over my head. However, my brother-in-law is an electrical engineer. He's alsop a Mustang fan, as he recently restored a 1969 ground-up to factory condition. However, with a little smooth ego building-talk I could get him to help me when I get stumped.

Ford folks aren't ALL bad... :chuckle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom