Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

the best tire size

A

acman60

What is the best tire to put on my 1979-- P225/70R15 OR THE P225/60R15 I NEED TO REPLACE THE OLD TIRES AND I HAVE GOODYEAR EAGLE ST. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

You're going to get 25 different answers here. BUT...For what it's worth, on 74 to 82 C3's I personally like a "Meatier" looking tire to adequately fill out the wheel well. I use a 255/60 15in.
They just look more mean & musclular.
MyVette2006_0115Image0014-1.jpg

AP

Welcome to the CAC!!! I agree with 80Vette. 255/60/15 are the way to go. More tire on the road means better traction. And they look better.

thanks i like the 255/60r15,its a good looking tire

Welcome to the CAC!!! I agree with 80Vette. 255/60/15 are the way to go. More tire on the road means better traction. And they look better.

Trouble is, I can not find anyone who makes a speed rated (H,V,W) tire in that size. All I found were S or T rated.

I got some H rated 225/70/15s from the Tire Rack, but they are only summer rated, not M&S.

I've always used that size for 14 years. Never has a problem.

255/60/15s look and handle great. I doubt you will have that '79 much over 120 MPH for long. They look great too!

Mine are Firestone Indy 500 Firehawks and they stick like glue!

Foxsnewrollers.jpg

I think that's a subtle hint to keep it under 120 in Clarksville.......

Just my 2cents worth

Sorry about the late reply, just got back into town.
I've had a '73, '81 and now own a '72 and I put 255/60/15 BFG on the fronts and put 275/60/15 BFG on the back.
Only on the '72 did I have any clearance issues with the exhaust, and since I was installing a 2.5" exhaut system my vette guy took care of it.
The '81, I'll admit was close to the rotors but still tolerable.
I restored my '72 and plan to be buried in it so I wax it every other sunday and put it back in the garage. Even though I put in a 385 Fastburn crate engine, I pretty much baby it...but that's me.
Take it easy and have fun.
:w save the wave,
Mark

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom