Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The C7 Corvette body is done!!!

Mr Halverson,
As you stated:
"I wouldn't want a Corvette that looks like anything Pininfarina has styled, either. Nor would I want a Vette that looks like a Lambo".
Let me be the heretic on finding a design school not in Michigan.
If this sketch is the best that GM is turning out right now, which I doubt, then I would love to see a sketch by some Euro designers.
As much as I have loved the Corvette, since my dad's neighbor rolled his new 1967, light metalic Blue coupe into the driveway, I have been hooked. I have owned two so far, and will buy another again soon.
I do have a hard time with the need to incorporate historic design into the new models. The modern Vette should be allowed to shrug off the antique designs from its history.
An example being the fixed headlights on the C6. (looks Italian).
And possibly coil overs with no more transverse leaf springs.
As far as a V8 goes, my favorite Corvette relic, I hope that GM finds a way to keep it. If not the engine needs to be a technical marvel and beat all the competition. Tall order, but its a Vette, America's sports car, NOT America's tribute to historic Corvettes.
Recall that GM has taken italian designers under contract before. Inspiration where you can find it!

Maybe a retro-remake back to the 60's or 70's

Maybe a retro-remake back to the 60's or 70's would be cool to look at. Chrysler did a great job on the Challenger, Ford did a good job on the Mustang. Maybe GM should consider a modern day retro, might be worth exploring anyway ;squint:, concept drawings would be something to look at if nothing else.

Bill :w

The Corvette body is done ..No it's not OMG

I am going to GM and tell the whem they start giveing them C-7 away I want one . Sell them I don't think so...

Glad or at least hope GM will be around for many years yet, but no more bail-outs!

I am going to GM and tell the whem they start giveing them C-7 away I want one . Sell them I don't think so...

Time will tell, not sure any of the for real stuff is out for publication yet :confused I'll stay with my C-5 for now, mainly due to no funds for anything else, and I do love my old C-5, 11 years old now :upthumbs

New C-7

Corvette was headed down the right road ..I think about ten years late should have been makeing that they have now ten years back . O-well won't be the first time GM made bo-bo with the Vett 85 -86 87 -88 the 89 90 and on were ok o yea the 72-81 what was that . Anytime the Gov. says something about Gas milage Ect. GM goies weard ..Here we go weard .Might be a good Idea to go buy a ZO-6 ..If history is anything ten more years before we get a nother great Vett.. ZR-1 will go to $200.00 used.. I'm just saying. Time will tell......:upthumbs

1972 lt-1

I would like to find a 1972 LT-1 for sure! Chrome front and rear, choice look'n Vette :upthumbs

Lt-1

The price on the LT-1 is holding .Have gone up in the last few years. I see one for sale sometimes . Great Corvette. GM can build a good when whey want to...

1927 LT-1 Awesome Machine. . . . . . .USA

The price on the LT-1 is holding .Have gone up in the last few years. I see one for sale sometimes . Great Corvette. GM can build a good when whey want to...

Probaby my all time favorite, not sure I could afford one and if I could might be afraid to drive it but I'd have too. Maybe one day I'll have one to take out on special ocassions.

Lt-1

I guess I'm funny I sure some of the nice vetts should be saved for other people to look at ..I like to drive them I have a 69 427 heater delet just race car came with no carpet no nothen just motor and body .. Been offered lot's money for this one say it's rare .. I drive it when I can.. A friend of mine bonced a new ZR-1 off a canyon wall at 160mph last spring.. We had a good laff called AAA or was it AA.. Anyway ..Life short have all the fun you can ... Be safe MIKE

427 Rat Motor, love the Big Blocks

I guess I'm funny I sure some of the nice vetts should be saved for other people to look at ..I like to drive them I have a 69 427 heater delet just race car came with no carpet no nothen just motor and body .. Been offered lot's money for this one say it's rare .. I drive it when I can.. A friend of mine bonced a new ZR-1 off a canyon wall at 160mph last spring.. We had a good laff called AAA or was it AA.. Anyway ..Life short have all the fun you can ... Be safe MIKE

427 Rat Motor, boy that is music to my ears, love the Big Blocks all the low end torque and then some. Had a number of Big Blocks, just doesn't get much better. Mine is not a garage queen that's for sure but I think you can drive them and still try and take care of preserve the integrity of the "All American Sports Car". Stone chips and all, if your going to drive them SH!

Actually, that photo is not a complete fake.
GM did make a stingray concept car a few years ago.
You can do a google image search for "corvette stingray concept" and you'll get a ton of pictures. One even appeared in Transformers 2.

However, that's the first one I saw that was a convertible and I would believe that someone photoshopped the roof off of the real concept.

Now do i think that will be the C7? I hope not. It has some good spots, but I would rather have a C6, C5, C4, ....

Good Luck!!!

I think not!

Now do i think that will be the C7? I hope not. It has some good spots, but I would rather have a C6, C5, C4, ....

Let's hope not :ugh

Hmmmm

A friend of mine bonced a new ZR-1 off a canyon wall at 160mph last spring.. We had a good laff called AAA or was it AA.. Anyway ..Life short have all the fun you can ... Be safe MIKE

160 MPH in a canyon.....yeah that's real believable.:confused

concept cars are always fun.Most never see the light of day.This one is a little too rad.It will be toned down alot for production.Sure smacks of cadillac thought!:confused

Come on people...if the C7 exterior was complete, you really think GM would take the car to a race track and let some web site photograph it?

Sheesh.

Those are P'shop "hacks".

Hib wins his own post of the day award!

Probably one of the most guarded secrets

Probably one of the most guarded secrets out there. Anyway time will tell, suspense might be the best part of the whole plot, again we will find out soon enough. I too am not buying someone got a exclusive shot of it either :eyerole

160 mph in a canyon

Never driven a ZR-1 to go 160mph just gas a few shifts 160mph . I can'T go into all detals ..We were on radar 170mph death wish 2010 just before wall. I don"t own one but fastest road auto I ever been in. Helt up well for a bounce off rock wall.. Wrost part was took driver side R.tire brakes and all off. D.finder front messed up door skinted up and were is the tire and wheel way down the road . Never try this at home and not in your $125.000 Corvette somebody else more fun that way. I felt bad but not that bad.... Some people do have more fun the others .... It's true...

ignorance may define it closer

Some people do have more fun the others .... It's true...
Not even close to my idea of fun, ignorance may define it closer and I'm not sure that's a strong enough word but I'm glad you spared us the details but fun for anyone I fail to see :eyerole Sure fire way to DIE :ugh

Hmmm, think I want to move back to the topic of the C-7.
Bil l:confused

Sad but true

Yes we talking about the C-7 ..But the truth is, put most people in a 650Hp auto and or even a 450Hp auto or 400hp and thay go fast sometimes.. Is it cool to do it on the open road no never. Corvette owners are some of the safest people I in the auto hobby. Been in it over forty years .It's looks funny to me when the talk turns to something we all know is happening and we all do it I think most do.. Somebody acts like it's not happening.. Well when I drive my 69 427 open side pipes the way it came from Corvette plant to the Sat. night hang out 450hp ..It's out there for all the world to see . I'm a hot roder and am not going to hide it. I love fast vetts and I'm not going to hide it and yes I go fast when I should not be doing it. I am an a American hot roder and I love the life .. O-yes the C-7 what is that......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom