Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"The Claw" Vindicated

T

tlong

The much maligned SLP Triple Filter CAI was dyno tested and added 8.3 HP to the rear wheels. The poo-poo air-foil created 30 more CFM through the throttle body.

Vette Magazine Feb 2006. It looks and sounds cool too.

Don't know anything about the SLP filter. Didn't even know it was maligned. I have the open box with K&N.

The airfoil is obvious as to the increase in CFM. It's the HP increase they advertise that sounds hokey.

Thanks for the info. Now I feel better! Guy

tlong said:
The much maligned SLP Triple Filter CAI was dyno tested and added 8.3 HP to the rear wheels. The poo-poo air-foil created 30 more CFM through the throttle body.

Vette Magazine Feb 2006. It looks and sounds cool too.

Cool, I knew it had more than just visual/aural appeal. Although I have one, I've always kinda kept my mouth shut during the "debates" as I had no proof of any gains. It was one of my 1st mods and although I liked the look and the sound, I did feel a sotp difference when I added it - albeit I did the exhaust at the same time.

Thx for the heads up tlong! :beer

Here's the link: http://vetteweb.com/tech/vemp_0602_slp_lt1_performance/

SLP has a kit with it, the airfoil, 1.6 roller rockers and an SLP exhaust for about 30 HP to the wheels. Their new exhaust looks interesting.

I have always LOVED the Claw - but only knew it as a visual mod and could not justify the expense with no real HP gain.
Nice to hear this!

I bought mine a couple years ago for $195. They have gone up since then. It is a good quality piece. Guy

As a dealer for SLP, I know they strictly enforce their pricing policy (can't discuss it), and that's one of the reasons I have their product line.

Not to mention they have excellent products (I run their stuff on my personal Vette if that says anything), and can say nothing but good things about them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom