Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! The engine suddenly dies

kimgundelach

Corvette
1993 convertible purple blue
There is no error code to register. The battery is brand new and the generator is OK.

When the engine is cold I start and there is no problem. Then I drive and after som time it can be 15 minutes or 45 minutes then the engine stops if the revolution (rev) gets under 800-1000. If I way 5 minutes then I can start the engine again but I have to keep the rev over 1000 other wise it stops. I can then hear that the engine runs uneven.

Does anyone have an idear what the problem can be. Please I nead some help.

Regards

Kim

Had a problem similar to that and it turned out I had 2 bad injectors. If you have a multimeter, check your injectors. I am far from an expert and it was probably blind luck that I checked them first and found the problem. Replaced all the injectors and haven't had a problem since(3 yrs and counting).

Start with fuel pressure test....40 psi at key ON or something is wrong....a steady gauge when idling @ 38+ psi...no flickering of the needle.

Inj ohms test hot and cold 16 ohms is the target. <12 is faulty. They have to be around 6 to be so slow and dead that they are not spraying but any low ohms indicates a tired inj thats not keeping up.

When there is no TDC or error code stored....its almost Always fuel flow since there is no code for that.

Otter and Boomdriver - thank´s for your input. Iám going to work with both issues.

Start with fuel pressure test....40 psi at key ON or something is wrong....a steady gauge when idling @ 38+ psi...no flickering of the needle.

Inj ohms test hot and cold 16 ohms is the target. <12 is faulty. They have to be around 6 to be so slow and dead that they are not spraying but any low ohms indicates a tired inj thats not keeping up.

When there is no TDC or error code stored....its almost Always fuel flow since there is no code for that.

​Otter and Boomdriver - thank´s for your input. Iám going to work with both issues.

check the intake air control. it doesnt throw a code and symtoms match.

yes thanks! the brain was shutting down by the time i posted! (IAC) Idle Air Control

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom