Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

the frisbee

diesel1456

Corvette
1989 white conv
Hi i was wondering will i do any damage or throw my water pump off balance if i remove that frisbee thing that is bolted to the front of my water pump. It seems like it serves no purpose but i am sure it is there for a reason.
I also bought one of those bypass hose setups to bypass the 2 hoses going into the throttle body i see the 1 hose coming in on the pass. side but i am not sure of where the other hose is i see one coming in just above my water outlet is that the other one i need to disconnect to put this bypass hose in. Any help would be appriciated. (89 vette L98 TPI )
Thanks Rich

No it won't hurt anything to remove it. It's there to keep the squeel down for a.c they say by removing it gives some extra h.p . My buddy removed his didn't notice any by the seat change. But taking 10 lbs off dosen't hurt. SAVE THE WAVE:cool

Theres a coolant hose on the pass side that comes straight out, and theres one that comes into it from underneath the TB. You can buy a whole new hose and cut to fit or mate them together.

I dont recall exactly why they put the frisbee on the WP, but its just a heavy disk that just adds rotating mass to the belt and makes it run slower. Ive never heard of anybody having any problems after doing this mod.

vader86 said:
Theres a coolant hose on the pass side that comes straight out, and theres one that comes into it from underneath the TB. You can buy a whole new hose and cut to fit or mate them together.

I dont recall exactly why they put the frisbee on the WP, but its just a heavy disk that just adds rotating mass to the belt and makes it run slower. Ive never heard of anybody having any problems after doing this mod.
:)

frisbee

Thanks for your help guy's
Rich

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom