Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The last 10% IS the hardest...

Corvette
www.67HEAVEN.com
electric-fuel-pump-500.jpg

fuelline-350.jpg

fuelline-02-350.jpg

Did you ever dream that getting fuel from the tank to the carb could be this complicated? :crazy

clutch-shaft-500.jpg

After two tries at it, we finally removed enough length from the clutch cross-shaft so that it would work well with the custom pivot ball bracket.
clutch-pivot-bracket-350.jpg

Also, the new battery and cables are in, the electric fans and relays are pretty much wired up, the headers are properly mounted (after a long wrestling match with head bolts and ceramic coating, etc.), thick cork valve cover gaskets are substituted for the type that came with the ZZ-502 (wouldn't work with the original valve covers), the updated combined alternator/regulator, new pulley and fan belts are mounted, etc.
Hookers-mounted-700.jpg

Car looks right on. Them hooker pipes on your hookers? Non baffled? You got body on frame already, but new fuel line not installed? Was just wondering, cause I managed to replace fuel line, tank to carb, and was a chore.

skids said:
Car looks right on. Them hooker pipes on your hookers? Non baffled? You got body on frame already, but new fuel line not installed? Was just wondering, cause I managed to replace fuel line, tank to carb, and was a chore.

skids,
I installed a new stainless steel fuel line before the body drop. The lines and fixtures shown are for between the front of the stainless line and the carb and between the tank and the rear of the stainless line.

Baffles in the side tubes? Not right now. :D

Bob,

Almost there, but what are you going to do with all your spare time now that it is finished?;LOL

Regards, John McGraw

Now, just don't get anxious and cut corners on the final stretch. I did that with my corvair a tad. I was just so excited to get it completed that I missed some of those final touches that really make the car.... learned my lesson - just passing on some life-taught wisdom! Car looks FANTASTIC!!

John Mcgraw said:
Bob,

Almost there, but what are you going to do with all your spare time now that it is finished?;LOL

Regards, John McGraw

Try to get back into decent physical shape. I've neglected that for months now trying to spend all available time on the project. Being very busy with the business hasn't helped.

This afternoon, we got the rag joint, steering column, steering wheel and a variety of smaller items installed.

Thanks everyone. Your encouragement helps.

Bob
Lookin good I really like the way the sidepipes came out, did you coat the old ones or use new?
I'll bet you can almost smell the exhaust :D

bossvette said:
Bob
Lookin good I really like the way the sidepipes came out, did you coat the old ones or use new?
I'll bet you can almost smell the exhaust :D

We repaired and coated the old ones. Once Hooker told me that I'd have to grind even new ones to clear the ZZ-502 headbolts, I couldn't bring myself to order and grind on new ones. :(

I've taken to sniffing gas out of a jerry can, but it's only low-lead regular for the lawn mower. Time to go get 5 gallons of the good stuff. That oughta be enough to keep it running while I check for leaks. ;LOL

We're going to make a real effort to fire it on Saturday.

67HEAVEN said:
We're going to make a real effort to fire it on Saturday.
I'll be waiting for the report:cool hope you have earplugs and have warned the neighbors :L

1970 Stingray said:
Is that a new z-bar you cut??? Those suckers are expensive.

No, I didn't need a new one. Guess I do now for my flight judging though. ;)

1970 Stingray said:
Think you could post a pic of the finished product installed?

Sure. By the way, finally getting it mounted between the frame bracket and the custom pivot-ball bracket presents another minor issue. Now that I can actuate the clutch pedal through all the linkage to the clutch fork, I've noticed some significant sideways movement of the Z-bar cross-shaft during the first half of the pedal depression. In other words, much of the forward travel is being diverted sideways toward the block. That is happening due to the custom bracket (bolted to the scattershield to block bolts) bending in towards the block about a 1/2".

clutch-pivot-bracket-350.jpg

We're going to fashion a small spacer to ride between the back of the bracket (behind the two holes on the left) and the block to stop the sideways travel.

It's always something when you build a circus-wagon. :upthumbs

Lookin AWSOME.....boy every week it looks like you are making great headway....great job.

It's always something when you build a circus-wagon.
Yeah that's one heck of a circus wagon. Plus it can haul 25 clowns a lot faster than a Morris. ;LOL

What kind of grease are you using for the inside of the bar? My old bar has some creamy white stuff inside. ;shrug Could that be some sort of white lithium grease??

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom