Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Love of the Corvette vs. The Pain In the Wallet at Fuel Up

How has the rising cost of gas affected your driving habits with your Corvette?

• I'm in a complete state of shock over the price of gas, so I've stopped driving altogether.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
gmjunkie said:
Gas Here Down to $2.63:upthumbs junk!!
$2.31 Here Now!!:upthumbs junk!!

This is just my opinion, of course, but it seems that in the effort to reduce the price of gasoline to the consumers the oil companies have shifted all their resources to refining gasoline. The price of Deisel is still above $3.00. Gal. Deisel is used in the trucks, boats used to deliver the Gas so the short term gain is ultimately going to drive the overall distribution costs up for the consumer in other areas of the retail infrastructure such as consumer goods.
The delivery guys are still having a real tough time making ends meet even if we get a little break at the pump for now.

A very little break, 93 octane is still $2.90 / Gal. here.

Just spent a couple days in OK on business. Regular was around $2.00 and premium (93 Oct) was around $2.20-2.25.

You guys are in luck, you know that?
Here in the Netherlands, regular cost arround 2,40 euro....a litre!
(1 euro is 1,17 Us Dollars)

Price of premium around here is $2.54. Keeps inching down almost every week now. :D

Hi everyone, I can honestly say that my Z does get better overall milage than my DD...provided I stay off the secondaries. The price is the price & if it means I have to pick my spots to use my Z then that's the way it has to be. It didn't stop me from crusing with other vette owners on runs. I used to own a boat as recreation so I guess total dollars spent on fuel doesn't shock me. I mean when you go from gallons per hour to miles per gallon, it seems like you're getting a recreational bargain.

There was one up side to higher gas prices...there were less cars on the twisties that were sight seeing!

:beer Tom

tomtom72 said:
There was one up side to higher gas prices...there were less cars on the twisties that were sight seeing!

:beer Tom

Noticeably so around here too. But... Sure do seem to be a lot more ricers running around :D

Still drive the Vette everyday but the '03 Hemi QC is seeing a lot less of the road unless absolutely necessary. I have brought the '01 Focus Wagon SE on line as the primary service vehicle. Handyman business.

My dodge rumblebee gets 13 mpg around town. My corvette is supercharged and gets 19 around town. It's a no brainer.

Our 04 vert is our economy vehicle at 26-27 mpg on the hwy. Not bad at all for a 350hp vehicle. I'm impressed. My truck gets 12.5 on the hwy and my motorcycle gets 23. I never complain to people about my gas bill because I choose to drive the gas guzzlers but with 2 of us commuting 70 miles round trip to work and back it is a chunk of change every month. We could make another car payment!!! Gas was still well below $2 a gal when we got this stuff! :ugh

Chris

I have a '99 BMW 323is, a '96 Chevy S-10, and my Z. I just put about $15.00 worth of gas in each of them and rotate the drive duties between the 3 of them. It seems to work. I usually just drive to work and back which is about 16 miles round trip. I usually go on a major road trip about once a year and drive my Bimmer. But I may start taking the Z on a few of the shorter ones. Hmmmm, I'm now thinking about driving down to Miami this spring in the Z!!! :_rock :lou

About those high gas problesm...

Three words...

SUCK

IT

UP!!

:D

The gas that is! Oh well. We'll either have cheaper prices in '06... or we'll just drill Alaska.

My 04 gets better mileage than my GMC truck or my wife's Infiniti I-30. I drive it as often as possible. Here in central La., premium is $2.40.

One big word says it all as far as I am concerned, gas prices SUCK! But no more than I drive the Vette it is bareable. . . . I work for the State and have had a State vehicle for over 25 years so my thanks to the tax payers for buying the bulk of my fuel; and believe me I really do appreicate it and work very hard for you everyday!

I guess the part I hate the most is making all the oil companies and that includes the refineries, and our we don't like Americans but like their money people in the :mad midlle east, they SUCK too! I think we need to start drilling for oil in our own country, and at these prices I think more and more of this is being looked at. I will now get off my soap box. . . . . . But we got to have it so I guess we will pay the price until something better can be worked out.

Bill :)

My driving habits are the same. My daily driver is a 98 Dakota that gets about 250 city miles per tank. My work commute is 15 miles each way and typically i drive my Dakota 4 days out of the week and on Fridays and weekends i drive the Vette. I tend to go about two weeks before the truck needs gas, and i fill up the Vette as needed.

I don't get it... If you can afford to buy a leisure vechile like Vette the price of gas should not be an issue.

price of gas

Solution..... Buy the newer C-5 or C-6. 25+ miles to the gallon hihgway. Happy motoring!!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom