Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The mid-engined Corvette is happening!

Moved into the new C8 Corvette General Discussion forum. :thumb

I'm pretty sure that's the rumoured El Camino coupe utility with a bed cover. After all, they've been working on the design since 1987 when the last El Camino model rolled out.

Mac

I'm pretty sure that's the rumoured El Camino coupe utility with a bed cover. After all, they've been working on the design since 1987 when the last El Camino model rolled out.

Mac

:chuckle

It will be just another "aspirational" car that few, including me, can afford to actually buy. My aspirational car will always be red and built in Italy.

I read about the mid engine C8 last month. They thought it might be called the Zora. Cost around $250K.

Barrett

A mid-engined C8. Sure.

That makes 5 consecutive generations of cars where we've heard that GM is 'going to produce a mid-engined Corvette'. ;)

I agree there have been many rumors, but when was the last time you saw a mid-engine mule? It's gonna happen. I'm praying to win the lottery so I can afford one!! I need a Corvette Zora in my life!!

Bob Lutz says that the mid engine Vette, if it ever happens, should be in the $125K (base) neighborhood. We''l see. ;)

New issue of "Automotive News", out yesterday, says a mid-engine Corvette is doubtful and even acknowledges all the anecdotal accounts and fanboy rumors about it and still discounts the existence of the project claiming a mid-engine car is "dubious for 2017. It also claims a better bet is a "Corvette freshening" for MY17 or 18.

It may still show up as a Caddy.

It may still show up as a Caddy.
Good point. GM has been pushing the Caddy as a performance marque notion of late.

Mac

Good point. GM has been pushing the Caddy as a performance marque notion of late.

Mac

That's true, and Caddy is the major push at GM right now. I'd guess the someone who spends $180K plus on a car won't like the "Chevy Experience" he/she will get at most dealerships. Most Caddy dealerships have learned how to treat customers so they will (willingly) come back.

That's true, and Caddy is the major push at GM right now. I'd guess the someone who spends $180K plus on a car won't like the "Chevy Experience" he/she will get at most dealerships. Most Caddy dealerships have learned how to treat customers so they will (willingly) come back.

I know what you mean. My most recent "Chevy Experience" was in 2011 when I wanted to trade my 2006 Hummer H3 for a pickup. I'm pretty much agnostic when it comes to pickups (I've had GMC, Ford, Chev & Dodge over the years) but I had some lingering brand loyalty. Chevy solved that for me. I bought a Toyota Tundra.

Mac

New issue of "Automotive News", out yesterday, says a mid-engine Corvette is doubtful and even acknowledges all the anecdotal accounts and fanboy rumors about it and still discounts the existence of the project claiming a mid-engine car is "dubious for 2017. It also claims a better bet is a "Corvette freshening" for MY17 or 18.

Thanks Hib! That's just disappointing!

Our local Caddy dealer is also the Chevy dealer and I won't give them the time of day...... They are a bunch of a-holes.

Our local Caddy dealer is also the Chevy dealer and I won't give them the time of day...... They are a bunch of a-holes.

Mine is too, but the service is way more Caddy than Chevy. I don't understand it, but it's great. This is the first Chevy service department that I would recommend to a friend for decades. They always ask if you need a loaner, and it's always a brand new car of the make you bring in. Unbelievable! :Silly

Whichever way it goes, there's a bright side ...

... imagine all the new concept cars we'll get to admire, dislike or simply wonder about. All the ones we already have are legendary and somewhat timeless. You need not own a Corvette to enjoy it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom